Monday, July 02, 2007

The Weekend...

Early Friday morning, Mark and I escaped the city for a long weekend at a friends cottage. Mark and I had a great time and were very relaxed! I wish the weather could have been warmer and the wind less, but just getting away to such a pretty place, was rejuvenating!

We had a great time with our friends. There was no swimming due to the weather, but there was LOTS of card playing, reading and gabbing!

Apparently on Sunday, 'something' decided to take a taste of my elbow. It must have left something behind because it is VERY swollen, hot, red and super tender. I can't actually move my left arm out of a 90 degree angle. Makes getting dressed, cooking, driving etc a little more difficult, but I survived. Luckily for me, one of the cottage guests was a doctor and after observing the 'spot' for a day, she called me in a prescription and I picked it up in town today. I am hoping that soon I will have mobility back in my arm and I am keeping an eye on the swelling as to ensure it doesn't get any larger. I tried to take a picture of it, but it just doesn't translate.

Thanks to L for having us and here are a few pictures of the wonderful view that we had all weekend.







Purse meme - coming up soon!!

24 comments:

Tracey and Mike said...

Looks like a beautiful place to spend the weekend. Nasty arm-thing! Hope it's feeling better soon!

Rhonda said...

Sounds like a great weekend...but you wouldn't have been bitten if you went to the BBQ. :P

4D said...

What a gorgeous cottage! Sounds like a super weekend but I missed you 2!

Hope your arm is better...handy to have a Dr. in the house.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Ouch! Hope your arm is back to normal soon...or that you get a day off from work. :o)

What lake were you on? Looks beautiful.

MISSED YOU BOTH TONS!!!!!!!!!!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sounds like a great weekend, my friend! We missed you at the BBQ, but can see why that cottage would be such a draw. Hope your arm is better soon.
P.S. It's 11:50pm...is that quick enough for ya? LOL

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That looks so peaceful. I need a lake. ANd a house by it.

Anonymous said...

Ouch. I am sorry that took a bite out of your good weekend away.

"M2" said...

where's the picture of your arm? I wanna see
bet Kathy does too

Polar Bear said...

That looks like a GREAT place. I hope your elbow is better soon.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

What a beautiful place...!

I hope you arm gets better soon.

Anne Marie said...

Ah...now that is a weekend and some photos that say summer to me. Hope your arm is better!

Jill and Jaap said...

Looks awesome! Sorry about your arm.

Missed you Saturday!

Elizabeth said...

It looks divine. I love cabins on the lake. Turning green over here.

Julie said...

Wow, looks like a lovely retreat!!!

t~ said...

I think that sounds like a wonderful, relaxing weekend....well except for the elbow part.

Liz and Ava said...

Looks beautiful! Glad you had a great weekend...hope your arm is better soon.

D & S said...

What a great getaway. Well, everything except that bite. Take care of it and get better soon.

kitchu said...

Wow, those are gorgeous photos!
Sorry about your elbow, hope you're feeling better!

crazylady said...

that's called cottage elbow.
We all know it is from repetative drink lifting. Nice try though.

redmaryjanes said...

That is gorgeous! I really love that last picture of the dock. I hope that your arm is ok.

C's Mom said...

Wonderful and relaxing!

That last photo is particularly artistic. Me lurves!

polkadot said...

beautiful photos! I felt like I was on vacation myself, instead of pining away for our LOA!

insanemommy said...

Wish I were there too. Gorgeous.

Tao's Mommy said...

WOW....thats where I need to be right now. Looks so peaceful!!