Monday, January 05, 2009

I have learned my lesson...

I am currently TRYING to back up my files on my computer. I have been trying for 9 hours now. I think I have finally gotten it.

Tomorrow morning my computer goes in to get wiped out. It is FULL of virus'.

By backing up myself and burning to disc, I have saved myself $99.99! Since I have all the program discs, I will save there too. However, it is still going to cost a bundle to correct. I am a smart woman...or so I thought...

I know better then to NOT have any anti-virus on my computer. However I did put some on - a little late, but still...AND I can't run it. The virus that is on my computer has blocked it.

Since I don't want to be without my computer, I will be paying extra for EXPRESS service. I should have it back in two days.

Soooo - I will not be around as much - I will have to share a computer with Mark. That will probably not go over so well...LOL!!

After this expensive lesson, I do realize that buying anti virus in the first place would have been cheaper...I will know for next time.

8 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That sucks. I am always amazed that people actually go through the trouble to write viruses. I mean, don't they have anything BETTER to do?

Rhonda said...

That really sucks...hopefully it won't be *too* costly to fix.

The Carmodys said...

Hey Michelle . . . next time bring it here (Mike fixes computers for a living) and we can have a visit at the same time! :)

Hope it all works out for you and you're not without it for too long.

k

4D said...

Ugh...lesson learnt. Stupid viruses!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Ugh! Would it be cheaper to fly in our own personal computer dude Shawn? Of course it would cost a little more as we'd need Dolores too. When do they arrive? :o)

Hmmm...Mark's going to be really sad when you won't let him use his computer!

Mamacita said...

Sorry. That happened to me once. Mine was full of malware and spyware and just made my computer bog down. I eventually got rid of it completely....and I too learned my lesson. Now I have a couple different anti-virus programs and a firewall AND I run a spyware destroyer program periodically. It cost some cash to properly maintain a computer! Good luck with everything!

Lisa said...

Aww man that stinks. Craig is always after me to make sure that the anti-virus program has run.

D & S said...

That does stink. I wish we were closer, Shawn could've helped. I don't get why people create virus so they can wreak havoc with people.

Hopefully you won't be gone too long.