Tuesday, May 06, 2008

17 Months LID



Wow!! It has been 17 months since our file was logged into China - since we were "officially" in line! It has been 29 months since we started on this path...sigh...

I came across an e-mail the other day that we sent to our family and friends when we received our Provincial approval (July '06). We said in the e-mail that we were hoping to be in China by the end of 2007 to bring our daughter home... How WRONG were we???

I always get down and frustrated at this time of the month. It seems we are getting further and further behind - well doesn't seem - ARE - getting further and further behind...

I HOPE there is light at the end of the tunnel - but I am just not in a place that I can TRULY believe that right now...

13 comments:

Rhonda said...

Happy(?) 17 months...

I know what you mean, believe me, I know...

Cari said...

Right there just ahead of you!! We'll get there. It might kill us, but we'll get there.

Cari

D & S said...

Thanks for reminding me, I almost forgot!

It sucks, I'm just glad we have each other even if we are so far apart right now.

Kayce said...

Happy 17!

Keep the faith.

Michelle said...

I am so with ya. It's hard to celebrate when you have no idea how many more months there will be. I'm trying to stay positive, but Mother's Day is coming(again) and I'm having a hard time. Sigh.

4D said...

17 done...you can borrow my flashlight...it is getting a lot of use.

Keep smilin!

Juliette said...

Don't really know what to say... we need to keep hoping!

Catherine said...

Congrats friend! 17 months closer to Pumpkin. What an adorable little Pumpkin she's going to be too!!

Julie said...

Happy 17 months!!
Remember to celebrate each milestone!!!

Anonymous said...

Jesus. One could have twenty babies in that time. Oye vey.

Michael and Tammy said...

Congrats on 17 months but I know EXACTLY how you feel. We only seem to get further away!

Wendy said...

Your turn will come, trust in that.

Wendy
Calgary

Anonymous said...

I am praying that your wait is not much longer!!!

Hugs,

Krista