Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Neighbours

We have some new people in the neighbourhood. They moved in on Friday night. I have yet to meet them but I have seen them around.

There is a mother, father and daughter. I would guess the daughter is about 6 years old.

On Saturday morning, mom and dad were in the house (I assume) and the doors and windows were shut up tight and daughter was riding around the neighbourhood on a tricycle.

Now I am not a parent yet, however, I don't think after spending ONE night in a neighbourhood that I would let my child outside, on their own to ride around without any adult supervision. The parents don't know the neighbours, the child doesn't know anyone...I just found it disturbing.

Am I wrong???

3 comments:

Kayce said...

Not okay. Why do parents think that is okay??

Mamacita said...

Not OK at all. There are a lot of cars around your house! You have good parenting instincts!

Snowflowers Mum said...

nope, not okay, we live in a cul de sac and we dont let our 3 year old outside on our walk without one of us, when she is on her trike we must be in the cul de sac, whereas there are parents that are INSIDE while their pre-schoolers are outside...insane!