Thursday, November 20, 2008

Yesterday, dinner, snow etc...

Yesterday, Mark and I decided to order pizza for dinner. We also decided to try a different place then we usually order from.

It started snowing here.

I ordered the pizza. They gave me a 40 minute guarantee or it was free.

At 35 minutes, the phone rang. It was the pizza delivery guy. He said there was an accident and that it wasn't his fault that he couldn't get to the house. He told me where he was and since that didn't make any sense based on where the pizza place was, I questioned as to WHY he was where he was.

He then said that he has another delivery first and that he had been sitting at the accident scene for more then 10 minutes.

I questioned as to the quality of the pizza if he made another delivery, sat at an accident scene and still didn't arrive at our home for another 10 minutes (that last part was after).

He responded by YELLING at me that the pizza was in a BAG and it would still be hot. He also said that the weather was not his fault. I said I realized that, but that the company should not give a delivery guarantee in bad weather - but they did.

I waited another 5 minutes and then called the company. I told them that my pizza was not here yet, this was the first time I had ordered and their delivery guy YELLED at me on the phone telling me that it wasn't his fault that the pizza was late. I also expressed that that would likely be the LAST time that I ordered from them.

The pizza was free. It was also cold and not very good. Apparently the BAG didn't work very well...

I am also VERY sure that we will NEVER order from them again...

11 comments:

crazylady said...

I'll listen to anyone yell at me if they give me something for free!

4D said...

I adore your gumption! Dude needs to realize that yelling at clients does not equate to good customer service or big tips.

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

Sounds horrible...but good for you for standing up for yourself.

Unknown said...

sorry about that horrible experience...

Catherine said...

Ugh! Customer service...NOT!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I would have done the same, don't stand for bad customer service!

Lisa said...

Hey! I think we've had that same delivery guy! I agree with Catherine. Customer service NOT!

Michelle said...

There seems to be very little customer service left in the world.

We had a pizza place in our neck of the woods that had that same offer. They had to discontinue it because their drivers were getting into accidents and getting speeding tickets to get the pizza there on time.

Bummer that your dinner was cold.

D & S said...

Incredible. Considering the economic situation in the world right now, you'd think that people would be doing everything in their power to keep their jobs!

Anonymous said...

Time to blast them on the internet.

The Carmodys said...

Unbelievable! Nothing better on a cold snowy night to bite into a freezing cold pizza! :( . . . at least it was free.

k