Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Really??

ImageChef.com - Custom comment codes for MySpace, Hi5, Friendster and more

You've got to be FRACKING kidding me!!!

There is a website out there - CHINA ADOPTION FORECAST that predicts, based on the previous patterns, when you can expect your referral.

The last batch of referrals - released this week - was for FOUR days. With 229 days from April 21, 2006 (current date they have processed up to) and our LID - the prediction is: MARCH 2015!!!

Only two months ago it was October 2013 - how quickly things can change.

This date means for us:
- An almost 9 year wait for our daughter - at this point in time.
- An extra $6000 (at this point in time) in fees from our agency
- Pretty much NO HOPE left that we will ever see her face
- A brain that just can't process this any more

Time for our thinking caps - do we want to stay in a program that is virtually dead? Do we believe that this will ever happen? Can we mentally keep our heads where they should be to see this through? Do we want to be that age that we will be when and if this ever happens to bring our daughter into our family? How much faith do we put in this website? How much faith do we put in the CCAA that they won't end the program? How much faith do we keep in the CCAA that they MIGHT speed up?

How much longer do we keep this portion of our life on hold for a dream that might never come true?

We are running out of faith quickly...

12 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior. The CCAA has been doling out these miniature referrals for over three years. There is no speed up. It's not going to happen. Yes, you will get a referral, but not for a very long time.
It sucks and I am beyond sorry that you are going through this.

4D said...

It is beyond crap and I wish I could do more. I hate that this is the case and that you are stuck feeling like this.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

((hugs)) This is awful!! I hate that things have changed so much in 2 short months but I hope and believe that they can also change just as quickly in the other direction. I am still a firm believer that once we hit May files things will begin to change as the attrition rate is so much greater the April and especially March were.

Praying for you...love you.

Joanna B said...

I'm so sorry! I hate the wait, and I know that one day you will see your little girl's face, and this will all be worth it.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

It definitely sucks. I am so very sorry. So very sorry. I will also be praying for you. Tough decisions....and lots of strength needed.

Michele said...

I am so sorry that you are stuck in this wait mess. It is horrible for you and for the babies waiting for their forever families. I'm sure your decision either way won't be easy. Big higs.

Kim said...

Have you thought of switching to the waiting child program? A couple that I met had also been logged in since 2006 and in August switched to the WCP and by November had a referral for a beautiful little girl with minor club foot. She had one surgery in China already and will need another one when they bring her home. Just a thought? With FOI they said it could be 10mo. to 2years give or take. I can't imagine how discouraging this must be, so sorry, but please consider the waiting child program. =0)

kitchu said...

no one can predict what china will do. and there is ONE thing i know for sure: nothing in this life is static. ever. the only constant is change.

i wouldn't give in yet.

Red Sand said...

I so wish there was good news for you guys and all the others waiting. More than I can express.

Anonymous said...

I would say give it the summer while you think and see what happens. Attrition has got to make itself felt soon.

D & S said...

We're very seriously thinking of pulling our file. This is NOT what we signed up for.

Laura said...

I totally understand where you are at as I'm there too with my Nov, 2006 LID. But I also agree to give it the summer and see. It should at least look like a speedup due to the smaller number of dossiers. Some days I'm optimistic that it'll only be another year. Other days, like when referrals come for less than I hope, I'm totally discouraged.