Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What Now...

Things just keep getting better and better financially with us over here!!

As you may recall from the previous post, our agency has demanded $1200/year to "maintain" our adoption file. Still a bit sketchy on what they need to do and the number of staff they need to do it but whatever...

And now, the condo that we live in has advised us of a special assessment that is required of each home to fix the water mains in the entire complex. The bill for that is $6000!! per unit.

Husband didn't get a raise this year with the economy and all. We are wanting to move to a new house - still are required to pay the $6000 before we do. Don't know if the move will ever happen now.

Expenses have increased and the money is flying out the window faster than ever before.

Our agency is going to have to wait for their money, else a lien will be placed against my house.

Things suck when you have to choose between a house and a family. However, if there is no house for the family to live in, what is the point?

Sorry for the bitchy post - I am in a bitchy mood!!

13 comments:

Two Kayaks said...

That's INSANE. I'm so sorry that things are so crazy right now. Everyone has their hand out looking for our hard-earned money.

Anonymous said...

Ownership has it's downside. I thought that as I puked in my bathtub the other night from bad food and realized that if the pipes got stuck, it was not on my dime to fix it. I know, gross story to illustrate a point.

Sorry, it all sucks when you owe.

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry!!! $6000 is a huge amount of money to come up with! How awful to be hit with this!

Rhonda said...

Wow, that's ridiculous! I'm sorry that you were hit with this.

4D said...

That is beyond insane! Bitch away...we are here to listen.

Keep smilin!

Michelle said...

I can't believe the crap you have had to put up with in the last 3 years. I'm so sorry. :(

Anonymous said...

Oy. I am sorry things are so difficult. When it rains........

Bitch away.

Uggghhh

D & S said...

That is crazy! I can't believe they can ask you to pay that much at once. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this now. Timing just sucks!

Juliette said...

Merde! That sucks. Sorry.

Michal said...

Jeez Loise!!!! That is a boatload of money to have to come up with. I am sorry to hear it.
Hey, I thought that it was just us- struggling to pay for the house, struggling to pay for the adoption, struggling to pay oh everything....
Good luck and bitch away anytime you want!

( I swear my word for verification is billing - ha!)

Michele said...

Do all these people with their hands out think you just have loads of cash just laying around? This is nuts. I'm sorry that you are having to deal with this.

Special K said...

Your agency is ridiculous! That's $100 a month for your file to what... sit on a shelf? Seriously?!

And wow... $6000. That's a lot of money. Sorry you have this crap hanging over you. It just sucks. There's no nice way to say that.

Michael and Tammy said...

OMG I hear ya - I think the 1200 is ABSOLUTELY insane. Are you going to the Toronto meeting in May?? We are - not that it will probably do any good??

Try to keep your head up things have to get better some time :)