Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another Year

Yet another year has passed on the calendar - and in our wait as well.

Apparently, while I wasn't looking, we passed our 4 year LID. I can say that I don't give our adoption much thought these days. It doesn't seem real and I honestly don't believe that it will happen for us.

We have a 'bail out' date in our mind and unless things change and speed up quickly, we are not going to make it. I think that waiting 8 years for an adoption is ridiculous and we won't be waiting that long.

There are so many things we did wrong during the preparation for this adoption. So many questions that we didn't ask and so much misinformation we got from our agency. If we were to do it all over again, we wouldn't.

Apparently I am a little bitter today...

On that note, I wish the one or two remaining readers that I have a Happy and Healthy New Year! May the wishes you have for you and your family be realized.

Until next year...

8 comments:

Two Kayaks said...

Big hugs.

D & S said...

Oh sweetie, I'm feeling the exact same way. I really feel like we've all been taken for a ride. At least, if anything out of this whole fiasco it brought us together and for that I will be eternally grateful.

Catherine said...

(((((hugs)))))

Michele said...

Nothing I could say here could take your pain and disappointment away but I too am glad that the journey brought us together.

Red Sand said...

Still wish I had that magic wand to make things better. All I can say is that I hope 2011 holds joy for you.

Red Sand said...

Still wish I had that magic wand to make things better. All I can say is that I hope 2011 holds joy for you.

Anonymous said...

We had our end date as Thanksgiving. As you know we traveled in August. I hope the same happens to you, that you squeak in but I also don`t think a speed up is in the cards.

Hugs.

4D said...

It sux...big time. Hugs!

Keep smilin!