Saturday, December 04, 2010

Overwhelmed

Overwhelmed is how I am feeling these days. There is so much on my plate and some days I think I am going to break.

I recently 'received' a new project at work. It is something new and unfamiliar to me with a huge learning curve and I am trying to grasp my head around it. It is important and I am nervous. I don't do nervous well. It isn't often that I feel like this. Of course all my previous duties are still the same at work, this is just added on top of it.

I am not at the 'dread' stage, but certainly overwhelmed.

Home life is crazy right now too. With Christmas on the way and shopping, wrapping etc. my brain is full - over full really and I don't know that I can put anything else inside of it.

I am over half way through the shopping. I have more to go and LOTS of wrapping and delivering to do before I will start to be able to breathe again.

There are other things going on in my life right now too that take both time and brain power.

I KNOW it will get better, but right now I am not able to see the light at the end of the tunnel...soon, I hope soon!

6 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Don't get lost in the season. Prioritize and then let some things go. I've decided not to send xmas cards this year because it's one thing on my list that I needed to cut.
Hope the situation at work gets better.

4D said...

Life is crazy hard but I have faith and belief that you will beat back the stress and find your happy place again. I wish I were close by to lend a hand.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Things will get better. But I know what you're going through. Sending you a lot of support from across the country.

Anonymous said...

I am kinda in the same place wit just way to much to deal with. Like Kathy I cut out the cards. I might do a e-mail one if I get a chance but I am not going to stress about it.

Hope life settles for you soon.

THE DAVENPORT FAMILY said...

you will get through this...i remember a girl in university that would write her essays the night before and still got by....so you can do this....i wish i lived closer as i could help you out with the wrapping....if you need a friend to listen, you know where to reach me....

Michele said...

I think so many of us have way too much on our plates right now so take comfort in knowing that you are certainly not alone. You will get through it, one thing at a time. And remember to take care of yourself.