Monday, February 21, 2011

YUMMY!

I find it hard sometimes to come up with something new and exciting to make and eat. Dinners are difficult getting home from work and preparing and cooking and sitting down at a reasonable time to eat.

I am not a big recipe person. There always seems to be far too many ingredients in each recipe and inevitably, you are missing one or two items.

We make a weekly meal plan - while making the weekly plan I make the grocery shopping list. I was never a fan of this much planning, but let me tell you, it certainly makes a difference in reducing the stress I feel during the day trying to figure out what to eat. Stopping at the grocery store on the way home from work and, many times, not having everything I need - or too much. I was continually asking my work mates what they were having for dinner to get ideas.

The amount of food that we throw out or waste now is almost nothing. I cannot say how much of difference it has made.

Anyway, Sunday morning we were sitting down to make the menu/list as usual and I just couldn't come up with something for dinner on Monday (today). Since we were home today - Family Day - I wanted to make a more elaborate meal as I would be home and have the time to prepare.

I sat down at the computer and went to Kraft Canada and went to the dinner recipes and it popped up on the screen. It looked good and didn't have too many ingredients and I declared that to be dinner on Monday night.

Well let me tell you - it was FANTASTIC!!!

The ingredients:
pork, vegetables, broccoli slaw, garlic powder, soy sauce & Asian salad dressing



Another angle:


Meat cooking (I don't know why the upload changes the direction of the photo):



Adding the vegetables:



Adding the sauce:



Adding the broccoli slaw:




The finished product:


We chose to serve it on rice and let me tell you - VERY ENJOYABLE!

The 'real' recipe can be found here

Let me know if you try it and what you thought - I would definitely recommend it!

8 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Don't you just LOVE finding a fabulous recipe? I really, really like the Kraft website and have made many enjoyable meals from it (they have a lot of vegetarian meals as well). Aside from the pork, I like this recipe! Maybe I could make it with meatless chicken.

D & S said...

Yum! When can I come over for dinner?

Anonymous said...

This looks awesome! I wish my hubby ate the veggies though. I would chow that down for sure!

Catherine said...

Oh my! That looks super yummy!

Michele said...

I so need to work on making a meal plan but am having a hard time finding the time to do it until the tax season is over. Hopefully those will be done soon and I too can live easier with a plan of my own.

4D said...

Looks super delish!

Keep smilin!

Michael and Tammy said...

That looks really good!!! I get sick of always making the same meals too!!

How are things going? How are you coping with this wait??

Sharla said...

I am starting an online adoption resource and am wondering if I can add your blog to the list of "Canadian Adoption Blogs". Please e-mail me at adoptionmagazine@gmail.com and let me know. Thanks so much!