Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The day that went from BAD to GREAT!

Last night I went to bed. Fell asleep pretty quickly. I usually do. However, it is when I wake up that I have trouble getting back to sleep. Last night was no exception. I woke up to pee. As I got back in bed and I was trying to get comfortable again, I "realized" that it was FRIDAY night and I didn't turn my alarm clock OFF. So I did - turn it off that is. This was about 2:00am.

I finally fell back to sleep. I woke up with a JOLT about 3:45am because I JUST realized that it was NOT Friday night, but instead ONLY MONDAY...sigh...You know it is going to be LONG week when...

Sadly I had to get up AGAIN and turn my alarm clock BACK ON. Getting back to sleep again after that was a chore. Eventually I did as the alarm DID wake me up promptly at 6:00...

Up I get. Get to work. Try to look alert. Try to stay awake. I was thinking - this is going to be a LONG day and not a particularity good one.

HOWEVER, then I got some news that made me jump up and down!! I am happy!!

TODAY IS A GREAT DAY!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! That was quite the night! Hope that tonight you can get some much needed rest, fo sho.

And, as for the news that you received today...it must have been SOME news!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
4D said...

Hope you sleep uninterrupted tonight.

Imagine that! I got some awesome news too!

Keep smilin!

"M2" said...

that's pretty funny
and utterly amazing after shutting that clock off, you recalled doing that in your sleep and turned it back on.

so, what's your news? I'm waiting.

Tracey and Mike said...

Wow - brutal night. Glad you got some good news after the crappy couple of days you've had.

Cari said...

News? What news?? How can you write such a post and leave us hanging? suspense....

D & S said...

You can't leave me hanging like this! What was the great news?

Kayce said...

ooooo come on!!!!! And Doris got good news too....

I'm gonna try to have a bad nights sleep, maybe I'll get some good news!

Catherine said...

LOL! Isn't it funny what we do in a sleepy stupor?

You're right though, it was a great day! I have news but will share later this week...good day!

The Carmodys said...

Ok, I need to know the news too! Care to share?

Hope you have a restful sleep tonight.

k

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

Nights like that are so killer. I hope you had a more restful sleep last night.

We are all still waiting to hear you “news”!!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki

C's Mom said...

Spill it, girl! Waiting on some news :0)