Wednesday, April 09, 2008

I am pissed...

I am on the Board of Directors for our condo corporation. In fact I have just been voted on to the board again for a 3rd term. This will be my 7th year on the board. I have been PRESIDENT for 6 of those 7 years.

I enjoy being on the board. I want to know where my condo fees are going. I want to have a say on what happens here. I want to be in 'the know'...

I however am on ONE member of the board. I cannot make a solo decision. Everything needs a majority from the members of the board. There are 5 members so that means that 3 of them have to agree to pass something. On my own I cannot do anything. I am a member of this community. When I am not 'working' on the board I am just a resident - just like everyone else.

Our corporation is run by a Property Management company. We pay them to do the 'dirty work' basically. We tell them what we want and they do it. They do a GREAT job. We do not hover. We have had NO REASON to ever question them.

Because I am a member of the board, I get MUCH unwanted conversation in my direction. I have people knowing on my door asking questions, wanting clarification for things, sharing their concerns etc. They stop me as I am getting out of my car, hands full of groceries. The corner me when I am running across to my sisters house in my comfy clothes for a gab. I am generally good with this. I know that it helps them to understand what is going on. It helps them that someone is listening and it helps them that someone is going to raise their issues to the board.

However - there is a point in time when i am SICK of it!! Like today for instance....

I came home from work to find a letter in my mailbox from a member of the community. This is not unusual, but today's letter pissed me off. I was personally attacked and the person who wrote the letter stated that as a member of the Board I should be setting an example and not be an offender of this particular NON violation. Not that I disagree, however there are circumstances as to WHAT she was referring to. What she is referring to is not in our rulebook. It is not set in stone. She is NOT the judge of me. I guarantee you that she did NOT put a letter in everyone else's mailbox who were offenders of this NON rule - guarantee it!

I am pissed. Mark is pissed. She does not know what she speaks of, yet we are both boiling inside.

I have contacted the Property manager. He will attend and pick up the offensive letter from my mailbox and craft a response to lady and send it from the corporation. I am DONE dealing with her. She has NEVER had anything nice to say EVER and all she ever does is bitch - hands are clean - I am DONE with her.

I am better now - just needed to get that off my chest...PHEW!!

8 comments:

4D said...

Bitch....her not you.

You have a good heart and best interests of the association.

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Remind me never to get on your bad side! Some people just like to complain and then they don't do anything about the situation themselves. She sounds like one of them.

Sorry you had to deal with that.

Lisa said...

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. Some people have nothing better to do than point out what they think are imperfections and they feel it's their job to do so. If she has such concerns and feels you're not doing such a good job then it's probably about time that SHE gets on the board and deals with the crap herself.

I'm glad that you've washed your hands of her. Now that your hands are clean go grab some chocolate and some wine.

(((hugs)))

Anonymous said...

Is this the same woman who gave us a dirty look when we were leaving for Florida? Would you like me to come over there and kick her @$$? I can do it. Have you seen my runner's legs??

Rhonda said...

Tell her to go take a running bite at herself. :)

Kayce said...

Eek! I'm sorry you have to deal with that crap!

Mamacita said...

You know, some people are just like that. They live to complain, to try and make things go their way and they just can't stop themselves. I think its good to have someone else address her. Maybe she'll get the hint....but ususally people like that never do.

Catherine said...

Sorry she did this! You don't deserve it. My hat's off to you for being the prezzie of your condo board. Not an easy position whatsoever.

Hopefully the response of the condo board will hush her...for good.