Monday, April 06, 2009

28 Months...



28 months ago we officially "got in line" to adopt our daughter from China. 28 months later, I forgot that it was our LIDversary - I had to read it on Dolores and Shawn's blog. I missed month 27 all together.

As Dolores said, I am beginning to wonder if this adoption will ever really happen. Dolores also mentioned that we are further behind today then we were when we started this...all true statements.

I know people around say YES it will happen...but I really am not depending on it. "They" have been talking about a speed up for 2 YEARS now...still haven't seen it...the line just gets longer and longer and longer.

I want to say that I will wait for as long as it takes for my baby girl to come home, however, I think that a 7 year wait might be a little too long - even for me.

Time will tell...

Dolores - you asked if we were in a better space...I don't think so. We miss you and hope you come home soon!!

13 comments:

C's Mom said...

I'm sorry and I understand those feelings completely.

Hugs and know that your dream is ahead...as mine was for 36 months. Sometimes you have to protect yourself and forget it all for a while. It will come back into focus when it is the right time for you.

Lisa said...

As I said on Dolores's blog I don't even know what to say. This has been a wait like none other. Sending you (((hugs))).
Lisa

4D said...

28 done. Somedays are harder then others. Doesn't get easier.

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

28 months down...not much other to say than that.

Catherine said...

I'm so sorry and totally remember the feelings you're having. Each month my referral got further and further away, rather than closer. Sadly, even with a March 23/06 LID this is still the case. Each month my anticipated referral date gets further away rather than closer.

No answers just prayers for you that it will happen eventually and monsterous (((hugs))). Love you. So sorry you're having to go through this!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

It sucks. It's only going to get longer. There won't be a speed up. We're screwed.

Anonymous said...

I am no pollyanna. This totally sucks and no I cannot tell you it will happen because it might not. On the other hand, what do you have to lose staying in line?

Anonymous said...

If only I had something witty and useful to add...

D & S said...

Your post made me cry because you don't know how badly I want to go home.

I miss you guys so much.

Michele said...

I totally understand your feelings. No one should have to endure this much torture, and torture is exactly what it is. Hugs to you and I hope tomorrow is a bit better.

kitchu said...

I had a neighbor who lived behind me who waited 8 years to complete a domestic adoption. It was the toughest and hardest process, as they watched 2 children slip through their hands. I pray your wait is not this long. Tides DO turn- nothing in life is static. Only one thing is permanent- and that is change. This too must one day change, it can't forever stay this way. I hope the tide turns soon.

Unknown said...

I was in the original LID group with you. I haven't kept up on my blog much, but it just breaks my heart to read all the sadness in the blogs of those of you that are still waiting. I never know what to say and even get angry at the wait that is being experienced. We switched over to low special needs and have brought our daughter home, but very frequently think how I would feel if we were still waiting with everyone else....angery, shocked, depressed, defeat, crazy, numb, etc... It just isn't right and the part that really sucks is that nobody can do anything about it.

Laura said...

Hugs. No one knows the emotions of this wait unless they're also experiencing it.