Saturday, May 02, 2009

Lost...

I am computerless.

I feel lost without my laptop.

THIS time the 'light bulb' that illuminates the screen is 'burnt out'. I have to either buy a new computer or pay to have it fixed.

I decided to have it fixed. Currently I am waiting for the part to come in. The part being an entire new 1/2 of my laptop. The entire screen has to be replaced.

I can still see the screen - it still works if I hold a flashlight up to it and illuminate it that way. Not so easy to type that way!!

Sharing a computer with Mark is not ideal. His computer is in the basement. I don't like the basement.

Hopefully by mid week I will be back on my laptop.

I was "THIS" close to buying a Mac...maybe next time the laptop goes on the fritz I will take the plunge.

Vent complete now...

5 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I'm sad that you didn't buy a Mac, but I understand as well. When do you expect to be back online with your computer?

Catherine said...

Yuck! No computer = no fun! Hope you're able to get it fixed soon.

4D said...

Suckity but this will give you the time to research your next laptop!

Keep smilin!

Rhonda said...

Glad to hear it was fixable...

We'll get you to switch to a Mac yet. ;)

Middle-Aged Moi said...

I SOOOO get that you don't like going in the basement. I don't either! I have my computer upstairs, where I feel like I am part of the world! I hope you get your computer back SOOOON!