Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I'd like to thank the Academy!!


Actually I would like to thank Doris for nominating me for a Thinking Blog Award! How wonderful is that!

Thank you so much Doris for the nomination. I am touched and honoured! For those of you who have not had the pleasure of meeting Doris in person, take my word for it, she is a FANTASTIC lady. I have had the privilege of meeting her in person and know that she is as great in person as she comes across on her blog. I am lucky to have her in my life!

Part of the duty of a person who is nominated is to nominate 5 other people for an award.

I am going to try and nominate people who have not been nominated. There are some people who have a password protected blog that I would like to include (Anne Marie & Nicole) but I won't as you can't go and check out their sites. My nominations are listed below - in no particular order:

Dolores at Watch our Family Grow Dolores is a GREAT person. Dolores and I met 'online' back at the beginning of October. We knew we were with the same agency. We also knew we were close in our timelines and then we discovered that we were in the same travel group!! We have met MANY times in person, had dinners, been to each others houses. How wonderful to be able to go to China with one of your friends.

Kate at A Special FamilyKate and I have YET to met in person (being that she is in the UK - it will be a while yet until we meet). Her blog is always thought provoking. She is in the paper chasing stage and has done so much research and is so PREPARED to be a mom.

Heather at Digging a Hole to ChinaHeather and I have met - what a hoot she is. She came north of the boarder to a visit one weekend and Rhonda arranged a dinner "meeting" and we were able to have a great night!

Jill at Nothing Like a Dream to Create the Future Jill and I met in November (I think). I believe she was the 'arranger' of the the very first "Waiting Mommies Dinner". I was invited by Kathy and I will always be grateful that I was included in that. Jill is a beautiful person inside and out and has an adorable daughter and is going to China for number 2!

Senja at Search and Destroy Twins Senja is fairly new to the blogging world. She is back from China with twins!! If you have not discovered her blog yet, you are really missing out! She is an AMAZING writer. She is so witty and fun to read. She is also a great person. We have been conversing through e-mail and she is of great support and I wanted her to know it is appreciated!

So there you have it - my 5 nominations!! There are so many blogs that I read and comment on and then many more that I just read. I am too embarrassed to tell you how many blogs are on my bloglines...

Thank you again Doris for the vote!!

7 comments:

crazylady said...

Ummm... humbled, didn't have a speech ready. I'd like to thank...um, well, you. So much for savy writing. What is this all about? I have been reading some blogs that have this. I can totally understand YOU getting nominated, but snarky me? Where do I find out more. Have tried clicking the icon, but it is just an image. Thanks Michelle,... it was a rough night, but your kind words brightened up this morning!
Senja

Headmeister said...

Wow - I'm sooooo honored!!!! Now, what ever shall I wear to the awards ceremony??? ;)

You seriously rock, sister, nomination or not... And I'm serious about coming to NJ! We have plenty of room for you and we'd have a GREAT time!

redmaryjanes said...

Your blog is so darling! Congratulations!

Calico Sky said...

You are on of the FIRST blogs I checked, trying to take time to get caught up and I get your lovely award! Why thank you! I promise to write another 'thinking' post soon! :)

Do I have to nominate now?

Don't worry we'll meet soon. When I am on adoption leave I plan to bring my children 'home' for 3-4 weeks so I (and they) can meet all these special people :)

Jill and Jaap said...

AWWWWW!!! THANKS MICHELLE!!!

D & S said...

Oh my, I'm very honoured! I guess I'm going to have to look now and see what this is all about :).

Tao's Mommy said...

You do have a great blog... I read it always, and am trying hard to keep up with my bloglines (I'm not winning yet)!!!! CONGRATS!!!