Monday, April 09, 2007

The Weekend in Review

Once again Mark and I had a very busy weekend. We are very lucky to have such a wonderfully large family and the opportunity to spend time with them.


Friday was Saige's (our niece) 2nd birthday. We all gathered at Jenn (Mark's Jenn) and Paul's house for Saige's birthday dinner.









Jenn has asked if I could make a cake for the celebration. I thought I would surprise her and try a 'special' cake! Well she was surprised. I actually surprised myself as I have never made a cake like this before! I think it turned our pretty good if I do say so myself!! Mind you, it took about 1 1/2 longer then I anticipated to decorate...not something I am going to do every week!




Here are some other pictures of the day. Saige was MOST impressed with her Dora bandana and wanted to put it on right away. Isn't she just the cutest thing!!















































































Saturday found us visiting Mom and Phil for dinner and a night of card playing! We had a great dinner and a great night was enjoyed by all!

Sunday we were off to Hortense's for yet another dinner!! Didn't I tell you how lucky we are!! We had a great night there and there was more card playing!! Uncle and I even won!!

So far this weekend I have been waking up about 6:00am - WITH NO ALARM! What is with that?? Friday, Saturday, Sunday and this morning I was up that early. I figure that by tomorrow - when I have to set my alarm again - it will be a CHORE to get up that early!!

To top off this wonderful weekend, Mark and I are lucky enough to have today off also. How great it is to have a day at home to get caught up on things when you were out all weekend!

24 comments:

Liz and Ava said...

Sounds like a good time was had by all!! The pics are adorable...and I Love the cake!

Anonymous said...

Thanks again Michelle for Saige's awesome cake!!!

4D said...

I like you had a busy weekend. Sounds like a fun time!

The cake is awesome. Great job M!

Keep smilin!

Cari said...

Cute kids! The cake is awesome!!

Cari

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

So cute!!! What a telent you have with that cake! Saige is one lucky little sweetie pie to have such a special auntie.
Glad that you had a nice weekend.

Calico Sky said...

What a wonderful weekend dear friend. You niece is adorable, simply adorable! And that cake.....well it looks delicious!!

D & S said...

What cuties! You guys are always so busy. Glad your mom's back home.

C's Mom said...

Great photos!

The cake: very cute :0)

Polar Bear said...

Great job on that cake! I love it!

Looks like a fun weekend. You sure were busy!!

I know what you mean about that alarm clock. I really don't like alarm clocks. :)

redmaryjanes said...

That cake is darling!! It sounds like you have a wonderfully busy weekend.

dawn said...

Saige is just adorable.

I woke up on vacation at 4am for 2 days. It didn't please me either.

dawn said...

I forgot to say the cake you made is beautiful.

Lisa said...

Hey maybe you could fundraise with those adorable cakes?!? Just hve those adorable kiddies selling them and you'll make a fortune. Either that or you'll have kids with tummy aches.

crazylady said...

Now that's a cake. Hubby made a floppy boston cream pie for Search adn Destroy's first b-day...hmmm... he ate it ALL!
Getting up at 6am automatically...same here, does that ever wear off?
Sen.

Roy and Lori said...

Hey Guys,

Best of Luck witj your adoption
journey! We really enjoyed reading
your blog.

Have a great night,
Roy and Lori

http://our-journey-to-gracie.blogspot.com

Middle-Aged Moi said...

CUTE kids! And that cake! YOU made that? WOWSERS. Do you have to take a course for that or something? :-)

Jill and Jaap said...

Do you take cake orders?! Looks great!

Jewels of My Heart said...

Your niece is too cute and the cake looks fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Those are cute kids!

Tracey and Mike said...

Good to hear such a little sweetie had such a great BD! And what an awesome cake!

Elizabeth said...

What sweet photos. My son loves Dora, Deigo too. And the cake.., an artist!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

O.K first of all, don't be waking up at 6:00 - they'll be lots of that coming......

Love the bandana look. I do it myself alot.

The kids look too cool in their glasses.

Deb

kitchu said...

Glad you had a nice weekend... and the cake. Yum!!

Tao's Mommy said...

Another great weekend....your niece is adorable!!! NOW THAT IS ONE GREAT LADYBUG CAKE....I will have to remember that one!!!