Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Miscommunication

I have come out of my self imposed blog hibernation to share a cute story that happened today.

This morning, Mark and I were getting ready for work. I then see Mark rooting though the sewing kit.

Me: what are you doing H (my pet name for him) looking through the sewing kit?

H: I need a button sewn on my pants that I want to wear today.

Me: I sewed the other pair of your pants last night, why didn't you bring me these pants.

H: I don't know - I just decided that I want to wear them.

Me: O.k. - sew away.

H: I don't really have time to sew them…

Note: Mark and I both started work at 7:30 and right now it is 6:55…

Me: o.k. I will sew them, leave them on the bed.

H: Thanks SS (his pet name for me)

Mark then gets the thread and button and pants and puts them on the bed and then jumps in the shower.

I then go in the room and see this:



I think it odd that he want the 'pocket button' sewn on his pants and that it HAD to be done before he went to work. I guess he is more particular then I thought. So I get the button all sewed and started gathering my things for work.

Mark gets out of the shower and asks if I have sewn his button.

Me: yes I have left them on the bed.

H: I thought you said you sewed the button.

Me: I did sew the button right where you left it to be sewn.

H: I didn't want my pocket button sewn, I wanted my button button sewn. WHY would someone get all out of shape over a pocket button.

Me: I don’t know - I thought that was what you wanted as you left the button right there with the thread and the needle.

H: I guess I did leave it there, but I didn't mean that was where I wanted the button sewn.

Then we both started laughing at the absurdity of it all!

THEN - I had to get another button and QUICKLY sew it on as it was time for BOTH of us to leave or we would be late.

24 comments:

Rhonda said...

Too cute. :)

4D said...

You 2 make me laugh!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Great story! I love it when people see the happy side of stuff rather than the opposite! Glad you had time to sew the other button on as Mark would have looked really funny walking around with his zipper buttoned to his pocket!

Unknown said...

That made me laugh..Thanks for sharing that!

The Carmodys said...

Cute story - you're a good wife!

k

Two Kayaks said...

Too funny! In our house, if it needs a button, needs to be ironed, has a stain, has a rip...it doesn't get worn. We are THAT lazy.

Julie said...

Ha ha! That is too funny!

Tami said...

Hee-hee! :)

kitchu said...

That is hysterical.

redmaryjanes said...

It sounds like you two are a loving couple. Funny story.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Sounds JUST like us! I'm glad you could both laugh and not be angry!!!!

Donna Paonessa said...

I think you're a saint. If it was my husband, I would've told him to take it over to his mother's house. *grin*

D & S said...

Very funny!

C's Mom said...

I think you're a rockstar for button sewing in the AM any way about it :0)

Lisa and Shane said...

Cute!

Elizabeth said...

it's like an episode of three's company where someone misunderstnads something and it all ends in laughter.
Cute couple you two. (And very nice wife.)

Calico Sky said...

Oh that's funny! lol

Wow, you start work early!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

That's too funny...and you are way to good to him. If that was Jarrod I would have said..too bad, get another pair to wear!

R&H said...

That's so funny!
MY husband would be out buying new pants or dealing with the ones that DID have buttons because I have no idea how to sew on a button!
Heather
tovietnam.blogspot.com

insanemommy said...

How cute. You two are going to be such great parent's!!!

"M2" said...

how cute
I know not how to sew a button
does he know how lucky he is??

Anne Marie said...

Oh how funny -- as everyone has said, how great is it that you guys saw the humor in it! It's a good reminder for me to not sweat the small stuff!

Anthony & Crystal said...

Too cute of a story.........

Anonymous said...

Awww.
I miss you.