Friday, December 14, 2007

Beach Day!

First off I would like to apologize for not getting more pictures posted. It is really difficult to find an internet place that will let you download. We have taken LOADS of photos, but apparently only we can look at them...

Yesterday we were sitting on the beach (sigh) enjoying the FANTASTIC weather when we were looking at the lady sitting beside us. Mark was whispering "I think that is ***". I said "Really?" I don't know that that is her.

Mark decided to go up to her and say "Are you J*ann Ard*en?" and she replied SOMETIMES, YES! He spoke to her for a few minutes and told her that he went to see her when she was in Hamilton last time.

About an hour later, she went into her bag and pulled out a Hamilton P*olice T-shirt and said - Look what I am wearing. We all had a good laugh.

That said, I don't know if the Non-Canadians would know who she is.

It was cool! She is down her doing some work and decided to take the afternoon off to sit on the beach!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a treat for Mark!!! I know how much he likes Jann Arden. Too cool!!! Miss you guys lots and I can't wait to see you next week.

redmaryjanes said...

I don't know who she is, but it's cool that Mark got to meet her if he's a fan.

Lisa said...

How cool is that?? Sounds like you guys are having a great time. Make sure to bring back some warm weather.

Mamacita said...

Yep. You're right. I'm lost. But I'm glad you're having a mahvelous time, dahlings.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

COOL! Jan Arden is great....and really funny too!

crazylady said...

Why don't the Americans know Jann Arden? She sells millions of records!
I've heard to go to her concerts, you don't want her to sing because her stand up is funnier than anything else.

Did you know she is a natural Blonde? And Swedish? Uh huh. Like someone else.... :)
You'll have to surface from Down under sooner or later. What is vegemite by the way?

D & S said...

That is too funny that you met Jann Arden in Australia!

On the beach in December, must be nice! Glad you're both having a good time.

Cari said...

Cool!! I really like her!
Can't wait to see pictures when you get back...
Cari

Liz and Ava said...

That's so cool! Love her music too!
Enjoyed having dinner with you two last night....HA HA!

Rhonda said...

Too funny! I really like her too, but haven't been to one of her concerts...yet. ;)

Have a SAFE trip home! Miss you both.

Catherine said...

Cool!

Although friend, it's really weird that you were at the beach yesterday because I could have sworn I had dinner with you! Weird..... ;o)

Anonymous said...

come home soon.

kitchu said...

You're right, I'm not sure who she is but the name seems familiar?

Either way, glad you guys are having so much fun down under.

Anne Marie said...

WOW! I am just catching up -- what a wonderful vacation. It sounds like you are really living it up -- I am so happy for you and very envious of that warm weather!

kerri said...

Ilove her, she is so talented and her sense of humour is magnificent.
I love to see her and Marilyn Dennison together, freaking funny.
Glad your having such a good time!!

Jill and Jaap said...

So cool! love Jann! Glad to hear you guys are having such a great time!

Julie said...

Wow, sooo cool!!

I saw that you had dinner with the TO people - too funny!!! :o)