Friday, December 28, 2007

My Hero!

Yesterday, after reading about my computer troubles,
Dolores called to see if Shawn could help out. I am sure that she could have heard my sigh of relief at her house!

THAT NIGHT - Dolores and Shawn came over and equipped with an old computer and a portable drive. After a quick gab, Shawn got to work. He plugged the 'thingy' in the 'whatchamacallit' and made the 'whatsit' work. In no time at all, my computer files were being downloaded to the portable drive - where they now sit.

Some of the information was lost (though I am not exactly sure what), but the majority of my pictures are intact!!

I actually slept better last night knowing that everything was going to be o.k!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH SHAWN for rescuing me and precious pictures!

NOW...

My task is to now go and find a new computer in which to transfer these files to.

14 comments:

Rhonda said...

Woo! That's fantastic!

Cavatica said...

That's good news!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, HOORAY! That is sooooo great! I bet you're just beaming! YEAH!

D & S said...

I'm glad Shawn was able to help. If you need help finding a new PC (and portable hard drive) you know where to reach us.

4D said...

That is great! I had told Dan about your prob and I suggested he call you. He said he was a neophyte compared to Shawn and that Shawn would be the guy who would be able to help.

Shawn...you da man!

Keep smilin!

Mamacita said...

whew. that was close.

redmaryjanes said...

That is such good news. Dolores and Shawn are fabulous!!!

Catherine said...

Yeah for Shawn...and for you!!

Loved your techie talk...we understood completely unlike when guys talk in 'real' terms.

Happy computer shopping!

kitchu said...

Oh thank God!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Now I know who to get in touch with if I need to... have a wonderful 2008 - stay happy and safe and speedy referrals for everyone... take care...

Liz and Ava said...

Way to go Shawn!

C's Mom said...

Whew! I'm so glad those priceless pictures have been salvaged.

Brandi said...

Yeah!!! So glad you got some help!

I try to back everything up every so often, but that's one of my worst fears...that I'll lose all my pictures.

I know exactly how you were feeling!

Hope today is better!

Happy New Year to you!

meandww said...

Huge relief!! I have been there before...it is not fun thinking that you have lost everything. Good stuff!