Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Noise



I don’t like noise…never have.

Recently I have noticed that car manufacturers INSIST on making noise with the car locking systems.

There are some cars that, no matter what you do, will make the beep/squeak sound when you lock your door with the automatic locker thing.

Marks car for instance, when you pop the trunk or lock the car gives you the SQUEAK that sounds like a monkey getting castra*ted. Not that I have ever heard that, but that is what I would think it would sound like.

My car, on the other hand, will just flash the lights if any door is open and you lock the doors.

I have noticed (AND HEARD) many of our neighbours cars automatically beep/squeak when they lock them. Some of them like to lock their cars at 3:00am.

It is incredibly irritating.

I would love it if ALL car manufacturers changed their car locking system so that the lights would flash when you locked the car. That way you could SEE that it is locked and that the rest of the neighbourhood wouldn’t have to HEAR that your car is locked.

That is my vent of the day.

5 comments:

4D said...

Our car flashes and only if you puch the button again does it beep. Beeps of any kind at 3 am should be a punishable offence!!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Shawn's car beeps when he locks the doors. I hate it but we didn't know about before we bought the car.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

OUr car beeps. Doesn't bother me, but there are PLENTY of noises that do....

3 am beeping is a bad thing.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Mine just flashes it's lights.
So I am happy not to be causing any noise pollution!

crazylady said...

I'll take castrated monkeys to the toots the huz makes INSIDE the car.

BTW, auto windows don't open fast enough!

On some models, you can turn the sound off, the alarm. But then, you probably got the cheap version ;)