Thursday, May 28, 2009

Songs


Tonight I was transported back in time. It was quite a ride!!

Do you have some songs that the minute you hear them, they jump you back to a moment in time? Sometimes that moment is a good one with a good memory...sometimes not so much.

Other songs - the minute you hear them you think of a certain person - again good reasons and bad reasons. Some songs you would THINK you knew what kind of an association they were based on the song, but you know what happens when you ASS-U-ME...

Here are some songs that 'jump me to that moment or that person' - in no particular order:

No judgments here - Most of them were a different place and a different time...

Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody

Dire Straights - Money for Nothing

Cher - Just Like Jesse James

Phil Collins - Against All Odds

Sophie B. Hawkins - As I Lay Me Down

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Frozen Ghost - Dream Come True

Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes - Time of your Life

Shania Twain - From this Moment

Any Kenny Rogers Song...

Any Neil Diamond Song...

These are just the ones that popped into my head when I started writing this. What songs bring back memories for you?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

I swear we are on the same wavelength because I wrote a post similiar to this a month or so ago but never published it.

I have so many good memories that have songs tied to them. Here's a few.

Hotel California-The Eagles

7 Years-Nora Jones

Anything by James Taylor

Bubbly-Colbie Caillat

The Sweetest Thing-Gwen Stefani

Fast Cars-Tracy Chapman

I have a few more, as well as the memories that they trigger. Maybe I'll go back and publish that post I wrote a while back!

4D said...

Those are good ones...too many to pick from in this brain of mine.

Keep smilin!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Neil Diamond songs, for sure. Remind me of home. Beatles songs too.

The one that stands out the most is one called "To Be With You". I can't remember the name of the band. I remember driving around in college with my friends, singing it at the top of our lungs.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I heard "Funky Cold Medina" on my drive home from work last night. I remember dancing in my parents' basement to that one. LOL!

D & S said...

Take the Long Way Home by Supertramp takes me back to being 8 years old. My cousins use to play it all the time when I was a kid.

kitchu said...

i am SUCH a music person and my list would is way too long, but some that immediately popped into my head were Vienna- Billy Joel (great story attached), We've Only Just Begun (Carpenters- MOM!), Just You and Me (Chicago, another family/Mom song), Three Times A Lady or Brick House- Comodores (sisters), Pictures of You (The Cure), Only You (Yaz), Girls On Film (Duran Duran), Babylon (David Grey), Don't Dream It's Over (Crowded House), Soul Meets Body (Death Cab for Cutie), Just Can't Get Enough (Depeche Mode), Tainted Love (Soft Cell), Fall On Me (REM), Come Away With Me (Norah Jones), Sunday Morning (Maroon 5), Hanging By A Moment (Lifehouse), What Is Love (Howard Jones), Flying High (Jem), Color/Dance (George Winston- HUGE flashback high school), first Enya album, plus Carribean Blue, anything by Dave Matthews.