Sunday, September 12, 2010

Hello

Hello from the random blogger.

I know I neglect this blog...No apologies.

Next topic - I was at work the other day and I was talking to someone that I don't normally talk to. He was yipping away and that was fine. He then told me that his wife was pregnant! YAY! I was happy for them. He asked if we were going to have any more children. I said I didn't know. I haven't told anyone at work about our adoption.

He then proceeded to tell me about his friend who adopted from China and all the crap that he had to go though and how it is all a money grab and it is a big conspiracy from China to get more money from North Americans. He said it is all about greasing palms and paying for the politicians.

My mind was racing. I was stunned really. I just didn't know what to say, so I said REALLY - he said yes this is what he found out from his friend. I said that I didn't think that that was how it really was and he was insistent that it was.

He was telling me how much it cost and there was no way that it should cost that much. I tried to say that I was sure that part of the cost included their travel to China. He didn't respond to that.

He then started that it was a baby buying scheme and that the Chinese don't want their girl babies and this is the best way to for them to get rid of them.

WHAT???

My phone rang at that moment and I was rescued. I honestly didn't know what to say to him. I have spoken to him before and he has strong opinions on everything and doesn't want to hear anything that anyone else has to say that contradict what he is thinking.

I just continue to be shocked that people are so narrow minded and they think they know so much about something that they know NOTHING about.

4 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You would not BELIEVE the comments that I have had about Adam and Jeane. My "favourite" was, "how much did they cost you?" I almost slapped the person. I said, "they are PEOPLE." They laughed. Yes, they LAUGHED. I have also had someone say, "Pretty cute little n*gg**s you have there." I told that particular person that if he ever used that word in my house again, he would not be welcomed back. Oh....it is CRAZY what some people say.

Catherine said...

Seriously??

I'm so glad I wasn't in the vacinity as just reading this makes my blood boil!! Stupid people have such strong opinions as they're afraid of being told differently.

As you know not a lot pushes my buttons but someone saying this about my family sure would.

STUPID PEOPLE!!!

K said...

We have been home 1 year now and I check your blog often as I recall the pain of the wait and I truly do feel for you. Next WHAT this guy is clueless. Yes it is expensive and yes I wish it cost less but I have to say that China is not getting all that money. The good old USA charging for everything and anything! Thsi piece of paperwork costs $500 and oh it expired 3 times already and each update cost $200 I mean seriously it is not all about China. UHHH people are clueless!!!

Michele said...

People who don't know the facts should just keep their mouths shut. I'm sorry that you had to listen to that crap. Folks like that aren't worth your time.