Sunday, September 19, 2010

Neighbours

Neighbours...Sigh...

We have a neighbour - well many of them. This particular neighbour of which I speak is driving me nuts. Well not really them, but their car.

Their car you ask?

It seems in the last couple of weeks, their car horn has a mind of its own. The horn arbitrarily honks - actually honks is a very mild word - it is more like SCREAMS at any time of day or night.

This morning I was LOUDLY awoken by their horn at 6:45am. NOT NICE! The other night it was 3:15am. This one had me slamming on the alarm clock thinking it was telling me to get up. There have been 11:25pm er's and 4:15pm er's. These are just ones that I have been home for and kept track of. Who knows how many others their have been that I haven't been around for.

Tonight at 7:30pm the horn was blaring again. I-HAD-HAD-ENOUGH! I marched over to their house and rang the doorbell and waited. I rang the doorbell again...and waited. They didn't answer the door!! WHAT?? I KNOW that they are home.

Next step - ambush them out by their car!!

I don't think I am being unreasonable with being woken up on NUMEROUS occasions but something MUST be done or my sanity will suffer - well suffer more than it has in the last little while!

7 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Keep a record of when it goes off, then file a complaint with your municipality.

D & S said...

That is very irresponsible of them. If it happens once or twice fine but obviously this is a problem. I can fully appreciate your feeling about sucky neighbours. I hope they get that horn fixed soon.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

WOW! THat is craziness! I think you should just blow the car up. Slip a little pipe bomb under it and walk away. Okaaaay, maybe not. But it WOULD solve your problem.

Catherine said...

So frustrating! My parent's had neighbours whose car alarm went off almost every night in the middle of the night. Yuck!! They finally figured out it was being triggered by the trains going by. Have you moved a train track into your neighbourhood? :o) Sure hope they take care of this problem soon!!

Michele said...

I can't stand it when neighbors aren't considerate of others. It makes you want to live far far away from anyone. I hope you can talk to them today and get them to correct the problem. If not go to the authorities.

4D said...

I second TK's suggestion. Record it and bring it to them and then the municipality.

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

That totally sucks. I think you are going to have to confront them.