Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Today

Today on the way home from work I noticed that some of the trees were starting to change. How did that happen. It is still officially summer for another week however, someone forgot to tell the trees.

I am NOT ready for summer to be over. This must have been the fastest summer ever. We had such fantastic weather this summer and I enjoyed every minute of it. Well mostly every minute. There were some stretches of REALLY humid weather and I have the a/c bill to prove it.

The end of summer signifies that fall is here and fall is ever so quickly followed by winter.

I am not a fan of winter. I don't like the snow, I don't like the bitter cold, I don't like cleaning off the cars and warming them up, I don't like trudging through the slush, I don't like the super short days and I don't like the length of it - it seems to last forever.

The house that we are looking for and hoping to buy one day WILL have a two car garage - perhaps then, winter won't be quite as harsh.

5 comments:

Two Kayaks said...

A garage makes a HUGE difference. I would never, ever, ever, ever get another house without an attached garage. Never.
Ever.
Fall is nice, but winter makes me want to hit someone over the head with a shovel.

Catherine said...

Ditto to all you said! I'm not a fan which sadly makes me appreciate fall less than I should.

Can we hibernate until spring?

PS - Lovin all the blog updates! Welcome back!!

D & S said...

I'm still waiting for summer to begin. It's been cold and damp here for the whole "summer". That makes the coming winter even harder to take.

Michele said...

I totally agree. I don't like winter either. At least we can moan about it together.

4D said...

I do not like it either. I am wearing my flip flops in protest and resistance.

Keep smilin!