Monday, November 01, 2010

New Dinner

I am the cooker in the family. I plan, shop, cook and sometimes clean up. Husband and I have a menu plan and that has certainly helped, however, making the weekly menu is torture for both of us.

Last week Husband was away at a conference. At this conference they were giving away calendars with recipes on them. Husband came home wanting to try this one so I thought I would give it a try.

First off it says total time - 20 minutes - cooking and prep. It was much longer than that. That said, if my kitchen was a bit bigger and I could just push things aside and deal with them later, perhaps it would be quicker.

Anyway...Here is my Asian Bok Choy Stir Fry!!

The Ingredients

The Sauce

The Meat (I forgot to picture it while it was cooking)

Bok Choy and Garlic cooking

Adding Snow Peas

Adding the Sauce

Putting it together with the meat

The Finished Product!


It wasn't bad. Husband enjoyed it more than I did. I am sure it will end up on the menu at some other time.

6 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

OMG. Before I clicked here, I was revamping our 6 week meal plan (it's now a 4 week meal plan now that we've vetoed some of the yuckier recipes). I JUST finished telling J. how HARD meal planning is. It takes a lot of time and energy, but in the end it is totally worth it to eat well.
Glad you ventured out and made something new! I've never cooked with bok choy.

4D said...

Num! We are also planning the meals so that we are not scrambling.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

Mmmm...looks yummy!

Liz and Ava said...

Looks yummy. Would you share your recipe??

D & S said...

That looks very yummy. I may have to get that recipe from you. I think Shawn would really enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

Well of course it took longer than the recipe - you took photos at every step!!!

It was yummy though!!

Husband