Monday, October 25, 2010

Memory

At work I have a locker in the change room that I used when I went to the gym – DON”T LAUGH!!! I haven’t used the locker in…a while.

I really didn’t even know what was the in the locker as it has been so long.

The “been so long” part was a problem. I had absolutely no recollection of what the combination was for the lock – NONE, nope, nada. That was about 2 years ago.

Last week, I was walking down the hallway at work and the combination for my lock just popped in my head – JUST LIKE THAT!! I don’t know where it came from or even if it was the right combination. I headed over to the locker room and after trying a few different locks (as I couldn’t ‘quite’ remember which locker it was either) BOOM – It opened!!

I was actually quite stunned that it opened and then excited to see what was in there – or not excited if it was stinky gym clothes from a couple of years ago. The excitement didn’t last long. There was nothing to get excited about in there. I kept repeating the combination over and over in m head until I got back to my desk so that I could write it down.

Funny thing about memory, I can still remember my high school locker combination like it was yesterday... 7-57-34

3 comments:

D & S said...

The mind is truly a wonderful, mysterious and scary place.

Sounds like your locker opening was kind of like Al Capone's vault.

4D said...

I like D's analogy. The mind is a funny thing indeed.

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

16-6-40....high school locker combo! :o)

Isn't it amazing what stuff we have tucked away up there? It's fun when it pops into our heads.