Monday, July 23, 2007

Catching up!

On Saturday Mark and I attended a family BBQ. What a beautiful day and an excellent time! It is always a good time when we all have the opportunity to spend time together. We played horseshoes as a family and had a riot! What made it even better was that Brad - my partner - and I WON THE TOURNAMENT!!! How exciting was that!! Last year we were the runners up, but this year we took home the trophy!

WE ROCK!!

The troublemakers!
Measuring out the point
My Mom!
Watching the match
Family shot!
Action shot by Mom!

Sunday was a beautiful day spent in Niagara on the Lake. Every time I go there, I forget how pretty it is! Mark and I participated in a potluck picnic lunch with Dolores & Shawn, Nic & Tim, and our organizers Rhonda and Josh.

We were a bit worried at the start of the day. Mark and I found everyone and went to park our car. We unloaded and we walking towards the picnic site. Well there was an ADULT and his kid (say about 18) horsing around - perfectly acceptable in a park. However, they were not paying attention and as Mark and I were walking one of us on each side of the cooler and a bag in our other hand, they basically ran into Mark. I should say that we were also on a 'hill' at the time. Well down went Mark, over went the cooler and mud was a pile we made.

What a MESS! All our ice and the water from the melted ice went everywhere. Since he went down in the dirt, we had INSTANT MUD!! EVERYTHING was covered in mud. Our potato salad container broke and I was ready to scream and turn around and go home. I was so pissed at these guys.

HOWEVER - the day only went up from there! After a GREAT picnic, we took a wander around the town and then down to the lake. The weather could not have been more perfect!

To top off the already wonderful day - there were presents. I was shocked. I was not expecting this! Do you all remember when Rhonda was talking on her blog about how she ordered something from New Zealand but she wasn't revealing what she had purchased...Well she had purchased something for PUMPKIN! Check out this picture. It is ADORABLE!! This wonderful little 'pumpkin' toque - I LOVE IT!!! Thank you so much Rhonda for this EXCELLENT gift!

And then as if that wasn't enough, Nicole MADE us this wonderful print. It is stunning! The picture doesn't do it justice. It is a representation of our blog with the pumpkin in the lap of the lady. I just don't have the words...
Thank you so much Nicole. You have a wonderful talent and I thank you for sharing it with us. I can't wait to put it up on the wall.

You will have to check out Dolores' and Rhonda's blogs too as they were also lucky enough to receive this great gift!

Another EXCELLENT weekend!

22 comments:

Unknown said...

What fun relaxing

aimeeg said...

Sounds like an incredible weekend! I am loving that hat, and the painting is amazing!

The Carmodys said...

Sounds like you had a great time - those are. What incredibly thoughtful gifts for you (and pumpkin).

k

Catherine said...

Once you got past the nasty hill episode it sounds like you had a great time!! It's such fun to get together with bloggy pals who have become friends.

The little pumpkin toque is adorable and picture from Nicole - beautiful!!

Glad you had such a great weekend with both family and friends. Ahhh...gotta love the summer!

Julie said...

Wow, sounds like fun (except for getting knocked over). I love the pumpkin hat and painting - very special!

Donna Paonessa said...

Oh my gosh, I would've been pissed too!!

What cute gifts - so thoughtful!!

4D said...

What a great weekend! Your mom is a lovely lady.

Happy that your picnic was better after the collision. Are you sure it was not a zombie?

The pressies...too nice!

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Looks like a great time and the pumpkin gifties are amazing!

Rhonda said...

I felt SO badly after Mark's spill on the hill. I'm glad that wasn't the high point of the afternoon. ;)

It's always great getting together with you guys, we have to do this more often!

Jill and Jaap said...

What a fun weekend!!

LOVE the picture!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Wow. What special gifts!

And that looks like so much fun with your family!

Michelle said...

What amazing gifts!!!

redmaryjanes said...

What perfect gifts. Obviously they had you in mind. How cool is that?

crazylady said...

amazing gifts (again). You have those horseshoes up your a** it seems. :)
Sounds like fun was to be had.

the hat rules!

D & S said...

That is one cute hat! What a great picture too.

I can't believe you guys were involved in a hit and run and it didn't even involve a car!

dawn said...

I would have made those careless guys eat the muddy potato salad. Glad maark was OK.Dear Lordy that is the cutest Pumpkin hat I have EVER seen.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading often, never left a comment, but this hat and picture, they are just perfect!
Seems you had a lot of fun this weekend...glad for you guys.

Anonymous said...

I want to play with your family. They look cool.

insanemommy said...

Your Nicole has such a talent. Beautiful print.

Sounds like you had a great time and a great weekend.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Glad you had such a great weekend!! Wish I could have joined you all at the BFBTL!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Okay, in my SF haze I missed the entire portion about the salad and the guys who knocked you down. That sucks!!

Anne Marie said...

Wow! Those gifts are amazing! The print that Nicole made actually brought tears to my eyes. Both women are so thoughtful.

And your mom? How beautiful and happy does she look?!?