Sunday, July 08, 2007

Friday & Sunday



The above photo is: Back Row: Tammy, Karen, Suzanne, Kelly, Chris, Andrea and Paula.
Middle Row: Nicole, Cari, Tracey, Leslie, Karen, Dolores and Julia.
Front Row: Catherine, Liz & Ava and Me.

Friday night I attended our 5th Waiting Mommies Dinner!! Can you believe it? We have been doing the dinners since last November, every other month, and this was our 5th. It was great to see everyone again and to meet some new people! It is a wonderful way to get together with others who are also adopting. There are mommies there who already have their kids home all the way to paperchasing.

Sunday afternoon Dolores invited some adoptive mom's to her house for 'Scrapfest'. I am NOT a scrap booker. I have NEVER done it. I had no idea what I was doing. I didn't have any 'tools'. I didn't even know there were 'tools'. I had only MINIMAL supplies (what we bought the other day at Michael's).

Well boy did I ever learn a lot. First off, I can't believe how FAST the time passed. It just FLEW by!! Nicole and Cari are seasoned scrappers and I certainly learned from both of them. Nicole is incredibly creative and can organize a page in her head and produce it on paper in about 15 minutes. Quite amazing to watch. Nicole and Cari also had lots of 'tools' which make scrapping MUCH easier. They both also brought some books that they had already completed. It was amazing to look at them all!

I managed to create a couple of pages and I am quite proud of my first attempts so I thought I would share. I had to take a picture of the pages as I didn't know another way to get them on the computer.

Here they are:





More pages to come as I am trying to complete some pages of our wedding/honeymoon in Cuba.

24 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Your pages look great! I used to scap alot but I got kind of sick of it.

C's Mom said...

The size of your group never fails to amaze me. That is so cool that you all get together and keep on growing!

Catherine said...

Great job on your first pages Michelle! Are ya hooked?

4D said...

Those are great!! Good job. You both look great in the pics.

Keep smilin!

P.S. Did you have braces in those photos?

Jill and Jaap said...

Look at your pages! Wow! They look awesome!

"M2" said...

I've never done it, but would like to.
what tools???

Laurie said...

Great job on your first pages! I'm afraid that I'm so far behind in my scrapping. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Donna Paonessa said...

Beautiful!! I've never scrapped either. I've wanted to, but just never could get started. I'm not creative at all, so I guess I wimped out. *grin* From what I understand, once you start, you get addicted.

Rhonda said...

Great layouts. I too was amazed at how quickly the afternoon zipped by!

Anonymous said...

Look at you miss creative thing! You rock.

We need to do this more often. Maybe next time here.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I have never done scrap booking either. I love the two pages you did they both look great.

Great pic from your mommy dinner...I love those nights out, we have one for our agency every month.

M and M said...

Doris - yes I had my braces on (the second set) in those pictures.

My Ortho was shocked that "I actaully got married wearing braces". Quite funny really!

M and M said...

Secret Agent - There are soooo many tools - cool tools!

You have to go the stores and look at them, but unless you have someone show you how to use them and what they are for, they don't make much sense.

I think you need a trip north for a training day - it will be fun!!

Lisa said...

Great pages!! I love scrapbooking but haven't done it since I burned myslef out two Christmas's ago. I think it's time to get back in the saddle.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Cari said...

You are a born scrapper!! (much more so than me, considering how long it took me to do 2 pages!)

Keep it up!
cari

polkadot said...

Be careful! I started scrapbooking with a group about 7 years ago and now I'm up to my ears in supplies with no time to scrap! Posting photos online is good for my instant gratification these days (but my kids love to look at their books). Your pages look great!

D & S said...

The whole weekend was so much fun! Your pages look really good. Just one more thing now to distract you from Mark.

The Carmodys said...

Good job on the scrappin' Michelle! Looks like you're a pro at it.

Nice to see you again on Friday night. :)

k

Anne Marie said...

You did a great job, Michelle! Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

Tools? Who knew? Like you I have zero scrapbooking experience.

And 15 mins on a page -- good grief, I'm sure it would take me at least an hour and a half!

redmaryjanes said...

You all are some of my favorite people in blogland. I think it's great that you get together! Great scrapbooking pages by the way!

Liz and Ava said...

Your pages look fabulous!

Operationtigerlily said...

I am officially jealous of your waiting mamas group. I have yet to meet any local a-mamas yet.

Scrapbooking is fun. I have all the gear but can never find the time to pull it all out and create.

crazylady said...

gorgeous wedding pics!

I see scrapping it out has bitten you. May need to remortgage the house to buy tools and embellishments.I hide my Michaels bags.

Calico Sky said...

Beautiful!!!