Saturday, February 03, 2007

Busy Weekend...

HOCKEY NIGHT IN WHITBY!!!
This is going to be another 3 event weekend here!! Not that this is an unusual occurrence here in our household!

Last night (Friday) we had the pleasure of watching our nephew play in one of his playoff games in hockey. He is AA level and he is 10...I don’t remember what that means...I know next year he will be peewee, but I can’t remember what he is this year. I couldn't get a great picture of him in action, but here are a couple of what I did get.
Since they are out in Oshawa, we met everyone at the rink before the game. Dawn and Melanie were also there along with Jennifer (my Jen) and Madison.

Unfortunately they lost the game in overtime – 2-3. But it was a great game all the same and Josh played well.

After the game we headed back to Jen’s house for the night. We were all staying overnight and had a great evening. Some much needed catching up that doesn’t seem to happen enough.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!! This morning, we were on the road about 11:00 to head home for our next event. Mark’s family was coming over for Paul’s (BIL) birthday dinner. So there was lots of cooking, baking, table setting etc to be done. Paul requested Chicken Parmesan for dinner. I have NEVER made it before. I was a bit nervous but everything turned our great – if I do say so myself. MOST YUMMY!!
This is a photo of Paul in disguise!! We had a great night with everyone and lost of laughs. Mark’s mother Mercy is Maltese and I learned a new Maltese word tonight – PeshPesh – which means ‘peepee’. Jenn (Mark’s Jenn) was asking Saige if she had PeshPesh. I had never heard such a phrase before and asked what is meant. Well apparently I was the only one who didn’t know and everyone was laughing at me. Then I told Mercy that I was going to write about PeshPesh in the blog – so here it is.

Tomorrow we are heading to Hortense’s for her birthday dinner.

Happy Weekend!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great night,
Michelle! Now I have a good few months to master baking a cake for your BDay:)

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Uh...hello? You were so close to us and you didn't even stop by for a coffee? LOL
Glad you had a good time and that you got to spend some quality time with Jen.

D & S said...

On the move again, huh? Do you guys ever take a break? Too bad about the hockey game but as long as Josh had a good time that's all that matters.

Happy birthday to Paul. Love the disguise.

Tracey and Mike said...

OK, that spidey mask is just a little too scary for me!!

Anne Marie said...

Another fantastic weekend for you guys. We bought shelving and watched a movie at home. Not a bad day, but I think we need some social events next weekend!

4D said...

2M, the busy couple! I hope you have a great weekend. Happy birthday to everyone!

Keep smilin!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark & Michelle

My name is Tammy and my husband and I are in group 272 with CB. I came across your blog link on the Carmody blog. We too have a very long wait ahead of us and I - although fairly new to the blogging world have found that the more people I talk with is making my wait a little easier to handle!!! Please feel free to visit our blog - I haven't posted much lately but I would love to keep in touch through this very long but exciting journey! Our blog is mikeandtammydufour.blogspot.com
Tammy

Henry said...

I wish you only the best

Middle-Aged Moi said...

As always, you guys are soooo busy! I think your life sounds like lots of fun! Love the cake, and the mask!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday Paul!

It's great to see another hockey family out there. Our son plays too. He's at practice tonight actually.

Have a great week!!
Nice to see you at our blog.

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of PeshPesh either. Hum....what an interesting name. How did the word come to be???? I'm quite curious.

Anonymous said...

i love the cake. very cute.

Tao's Mommy said...

Busy people you are!! But busy helps make the time pass quicker I find....sounds like a fun weekend!!