Thursday, February 15, 2007

They're Home!


Welcome home Olivia and Samara!!

Today after work, Mark & I and Dolores & Shawn met at the airport to see the families coming back from China. This is the second time that Mark and I have done this. You can read about the first time here. We do it to kinda rejuvenate us and remind us that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

On the weekend at the Lunar Party, Dolores had mentioned that Shawn and her were interested in going to the airport to see the babies and since Mark and I were already going, we asked if they would like to join us.

So after a TWO hour delay and about 1 1/2 hours in customs and immigration, we had the opportunity to see Debbie, Kirk & Olivia and Karen, Mike & Samara. I had spoken to both Debbie and Karen before they left for China about seeing them at the airport. I didn't want to intrude on their homecomings. Both of them were so open to the idea of us welcoming them home at the airport, we decided to go.

I had a brief hello with Debbie and Karen - separately as when they came through the doors (at different times) they each went in a separate direction. I just had a quick hug with each of them, met their husbands, introduced Mark and of course saw the BEAUTIFUL babies!! What an honour to see them with their new families. The babies were so alert and looking around and did I mention how beautiful they were! I was getting teary...

Debbie, Kirk & Olivia and Karen, Mike & Samara - we wish you all the best with your newly expanded families and we are so happy for you!!

15 comments:

D & S said...

It was great seeing the new families come home. I'm glad we went.

wzgirl said...

It is soo wonderful that you were there to welcome those families - for them and for you. I've been watching Olivia's story unfold over the past few weeks. So cool to see their pics at the airport HOME! Thanks for this! XO

C's Mom said...

How great to have the opportunity to do that! Oh, how I'd love to have seen them.

I've been watching Olivia's story recently too...what an awesome family :0)

Lisa said...

There's nothing like it is there? We did that with friends and I bawled happy tears each time.

Can't wait to go to the airport and see Pumpkin!!

4D said...

I have not had that experience yet but I am looking forward to it when my friends who are 4 months ahead of us come home.

Keep smilin!

Calico Sky said...

I am totally bawling my eyes out! How lovely of you, what a super gesture!!
Welcome home dear Olivia and Samara!

I am so pleased to have 'met' you Michelle, you are special :)

HUGS

Laurie said...

Thanks for posting the pics! I've been lurking at their blogs hoping to see that they made it home. You reported the good news I was waiting for! It brought back some memories for me. Thanks!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Ahhh thanks so much Michelle for posting our picture and meetin us at the airport. We were talking about you after we got home. Mudder (that's mom in Newfie....) said she had a chat with you and is really hoping for a speedy referral for you. You can bet that Olivia and I will be there with bells on when your turn comes.

BTW: I absolutely love that picture. You caught a moment in time. Can you email it to me, I would love to have a copy for my scrapbook and of course mention who took it :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am ssooooo jealous! What an amazing opportunity! That is WONDERFUL!!!!!

Janet

redmaryjanes said...

I have been following Olivia's Gotcha story. How beautiful their whole experience was. I'm glad that they are home safe.

Unknown said...

What a great experience to welcome home such beautiful families. What a great feeling to know that someday it will be our turn!

Catherine said...

So glad you were able to share this great time! What fun! Someday it will be you my friend!

Tracey and Mike said...

Thanks for sharing the homecomings with us. One day we will all have the opportunity to share such a joyous occasion with our friends!

Jill and Jaap said...

How great you guys were able to be there! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

those are some happy families