Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Birthday Mom & Snowy Day!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!! Enjoy your day in the WARM climate!! We wish we could be there with you!!

Well today we were greeted with about 15 cm of snow. It is still snowing and DRIFTING. This morning when I was trying to get in my car, the snow on the drivers side had drifted and was almost at my knees...my boots do NOT go to my knees...

I made it to work EARLY today. I got up early as I knew the snow was coming and made sure I left extra early as not to be late. There were not too many people around, but that is nice sometimes. They actually closed all the schools. I can't remember the last time they did that!! Since I started early, that means going home early too.

Today is one of the days that I am so happy to pay my condo fees – those fees cover shoveling / plowing and salting the snow all the way to my front door!!

When I got up this morning, Mark had already left for work and I went downstairs and there was a lovely card and a chocolate heart. It was very sweet! I am not a big Valentine's person – never have been. When growing up, February 14th was always Mom’s birthday and that was that.

I think Mark was kinda relieved when we met that it wasn’t something that was important to me. Sure a card is nice, but I don’t need all the fru-fru of the day.

As for this evening, I don’t know what is in store. I am thinking we might just order in dinner and watch the snow fall...

13 comments:

Polar Bear said...

Sounds like GREAT plans for Valentine's.

Happy B-Day to your mom.

Laurie said...

Oh to be a kid again! I think they are the only ones who truly love this weather. If it stays like this (and let's hope it won't) you'll have to invest in some boots that go all the way up to the hips. I think I saw someone on a corner of Yonge Street wearing a pair.....oh dear! Maybe you'd better forget that idea ;o)

D & S said...

Happy birthday to your mom!

Your Valentine's plans sounds good to me. Have a great time no matter what you do.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MICHELLE'S MOM!!
Your evening sounds utterly perfect to me (a fellow non-fru-fru girl).

Deb said...

Happy birthtines Mom!
Have a great Valentines.
I believe we are getting the remenants of your weather system
right now.

4D said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom!!!

Happy Heart Day to you and Mark. That is so sweet of him.

Hopefully the snow stops!!! I am tired of winter.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Happy b-day to mom and what you're describing sounds like a perfect v-day to me!

Special K said...

Happy Birthday Mom!

I would've gladly paid someone to shovel for me today. It was NO FUN!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!

And yay for condo fees - I'm right there with you! The drifts were unbelievable here too.

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday to your Mom. Hope you had a warm and snuggly Valentines Day.

Tracey and Mike said...

I hate to say it, but better you than us! After last week I'm happy someone else got piled on instead!
Happy birthday to Mom!
Hope you & dh had a nice low key Valentines.

dawn said...

Someone else who shares my sentiments about V-day. It's my uncles b-day too.
happy b-day to your mum.

Happy snow fun....you lucky lucky thing!

Calico Sky said...

Sounds like the perfect day, dear Canadian Friend!!!

Happy Birthday to your special mom from all the way over here where she was born!!!