Tuesday, February 06, 2007

2 Months Down...

Well today marks two months since our LID. I can’t really say that the time has gone fast as it has been 13 months since we started this journey. I know there are MANY more months to go – probably about 20. Accepting it is the hard part...

I know too that every month for a long time, I (along with everyone else) have been keeping my fingers crossed for a speed up. Every month I hope that, and every month, there is NO speed up. I am just going to have to resign myself to the fact that it is going to be another 2 years until our daughter is HERE. That is a very daunting thought.

However, in the mean time, we are CERTAINLY keeping busy. Sunday was Hortense’s birthday dinner. I forgot my camera so there are no pictures. We had a great time – as always – and Hortense got some nice gifts. We ordered in Swiss Chalet and I made a cake and a fruit tray.

Monday we had Dan over for dinner. He is Mark’s cousin’s son and we refer to him as our nephew. He is in College in Toronto. I popped by after work and picked him up and brought him back here for dinner. The weather was quite bad after work yesterday and it took us an hour to get home. This is a drive that would normally take about 20 minutes.

Regardless of the late start, we have a nice evening. Dan is very personable and good company. I didn’t crack out the camera. I didn’t even think of it until Mark was driving him home...Next time!

Tonight is AquaFit with Jenn (Mark’s Jenn). We have had no major ‘incidents’ since 'that time'. I now have a wonderful lock that works EVERYTIME I try it!!

17 comments:

C's Mom said...

Two less to wait is always a plus. At least it is plodding along.

I think you may have to strap that camera to yourself ;0)

Laurie said...

Congrats on 2 months down! I know what you mean about the wait.....I'm still hoping for a speed up. A girl can always keep hoping!

D & S said...

Accepting that it might be that long is hard but together we will get through this. You and I have been placed in the same group and live close by for a reason. I know it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel but it is there.

4D said...

Happy 2 Months LID-iversary!!!

You are 2 months closer to the end!! Take comfort in that.

Keep smilin!

Anne Marie said...

Happy 2 mos. I know you're frustrated. And I know it stinks. Hang in there.

I went to the gym last night and couldn't get my lock open, and your story was the first thing that popped into my head! Luckily, I was just being clumsy and got it on the next try.

Rhonda said...

Happy 2 month LIDiversary...looking forward to Sunday!

dawn said...

Happy 2 months. Before you know it you will be there....Ok so maybe not before you know it but you will get there. We are all in this together just plodding along.

I bet you will miss the drama of a padlock that doesnt stick!

redmaryjanes said...

Our DTC was sent on 1/5/07 and we are still waiting to get our LID. I guess that we will be waiting together. It's nice to have some company on this journey.
Hang in there!!

Catherine said...

Congrats friend! 2 months closer to Pumpkin!

Brandi said...

Congrats! I totally understand your frustration. Never lose hope! We're all in this together!

2 months down is 2 less to wait!

Polar Bear said...

Happy 2!!

Calico Sky said...

Congratulations to you both. You are 2 months closer to your pumpkin and that is really important!!

Boy oh Boy do I miss swiss chalet, and yogen fruz and twizzlers and nibs and mint oreo's....but swiss chalet tops them all!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 2 month LIDiversary! :)

Tracey and Mike said...

Happy 2 months!!! -that's two months closer to Pumpkin!
Glad you can go to aquafit trauma-free now!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hooray for a good lock, but especially hooray for 2 months! Congrats!

Janet

Unknown said...

Yippee!!! I predict that months 4 - 8 will fly by. Then you'll be looking back after summer thinking about how far in the past the two month mark was.

Tao's Mommy said...

CONGRATS....you wont believe me now, but the more months you have behind you the faster it seems like it goes...make sense??
Anyways, what matters is that you now have 2 months under your belt.