Friday, October 01, 2010

How Many...

Sitting at dinner tonight I was facing the window and watched the leaves rain down. Every time the wind picked up there were more and more leaves falling. They were blowing and swirling and falling and going everywhere, including the BBQ while I was trying to cook.

It got me thinking - how many leaves are there on a tree? Seriously, how many?? Thousands?? Hundreds of thousands? I have no idea what kind of tree is in my yard – I know it is not oak or maple or elm but that is about all I know about it. I know I could Google it, but why?



My back deck is covered with leaves, the grass is covered with leaves, there are leaves EVERYWHERE and yet, the tree doesn't look like it has lost any leaves.



Aren’t you glad I started blogging again??

.

4 comments:

D & S said...

I say there are 489,635 leaves on the tree. Approximately. It looks like that tree still has quite a bit to go before it's bare.

Catherine said...

Ah man, D and S guessed exactly the same number and I was going to say!

Isn't it a beautiful fall? Love all the bright reds in the trees this year.

Michele said...

I agree with Catherine. The colors are beautiful. But having to clean up all those falling leaves suck.

4D said...

I love that you are blogging. And trees have a lot of leaves indeed.

Keep smilin!