Saturday, October 09, 2010

Long Week


This had to have been the longest week ever. You know it is going to be a long week when on Monday I kept thinking it was Thursday. Again on Tuesday I thought it was Thursday.

When Thursday actually arrived, I thought it was Friday...sigh...

Friday finally did arrive though and it was a long day at work and to make everything so much better, I developed a cold just in time for our long Thanksgiving weekend!


Speaking of Thanksgiving, we have THREE dinners planned for the weekend and I don't have to cook any of them!!


Speaking of cooking we have implemented menu planning - we do one week at a time. I am sure many of you have been doing this forever, but this is new for us and it has been working out really well for us. I will make up the menu and the grocery list on Sundays and then shop for everything I need for the week. We have been eating better, wasting less food and emptying out our cupboards and fridge.


Speaking of shopping, I get really irritated when I find expired things on the shelf. Aren't the stocking people supposed to rotate the stock?? I am generally very good at checking the dates in the store, but sometimes one slips by me and I don't notice until I am home.


Speaking of home, I would love to stay in my pj's for the whole weekend snuggled under the BEST blanket in the world and get better. I will just take things slow and easy and enjoy the family time that we have.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

4 comments:

Catherine said...

Yay for the long weekend! Hope you're able to kick that cold really quickly and enjoy your time with the family this weekend.

I keep thinking I need to try a menu plan as you've shared what a great success it is. Yah....must try to plan that one in. Even without, also working on cleaning out fridge, freezer and cupboards and it feels great.

Heh...thought of you Wednesday night when I was buying Hannah's milk and pulled not 1, not 2 but FIVE bags of expired milk out of the fridge at the store and put them all on the floor. Thankfully they still had some good stuff tucked away behind that.

Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend! Enjoy that turkey friend!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Menu planning saves my soul and makes things a lot less stressful. I made a 6 week menu plan, but hadn't tried all of the recipes and there are a few that I'm not liking, so it's a work in progress.
Sorry about your cold. That blows. Get it? BLOWS!!! LOL! You know, because you're probably blowing your nose a lot? Sigh. I didn't sleep well last night.
Okay, I'm going to stop rambling now.

D & S said...

How does one create a menu plan? Maybe if we do one then it won't be "What do you want for dinner?" every night.

Sorry about your cold. It sucks being sick during a long weekend. Blech! But congrats on not having to cook.

Happy Thanksgiving!

4D said...

I love when I do not have to cook! Hope that you enjoyed your long Thanksgiving weekend even with the cold.

Keep smilin!