Tuesday, October 05, 2010

WHAT??

Yesterday when I was going through my Google Reader, there was a post from RQ. Generally I just glance at the title of the post and move on. Yesterdays post was titled PROJECTIONS. Again, I generally don’t click on the link and move along. Yesterday I clicked.

You can imagine my surprise when I saw OUR LID there on the screen! I was shocked. This is a first (I think ) and to say I was stunned would be an understatement. So according to RQ, a ‘good’ scenario would be that we would receive our referral in December!! WHAT?? Of course, we all know that that is NOT going to happen, but I was still shocked to see our date there.


Image courtesy of Rumor Queen


In my head I am still thinking a few years will pass before we see our referral and at that point we will decide if this is still something that we want to pursue. Things change, life changes and a 5 or 6 year wait was not something that we counted on. We have gone forward with our lives and are not in the same place that we were in January 2006 when we started this journey.

We don't know what the future will bring - we didn't think that things would happen as they have so we won't think too much of the future. We will continue to take one day at a time that we have been doing for the last four years.

4 comments:

4D said...

It is something to see your LID there. Regardless...continue doing what you do. You rock so keep it up!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

Right there beside you. One day at a time.

Catherine said...

I remember that feeling like it was yesterday! Yay! You made it to the RQ post. Somehow it just seems to justify all the waiting you're doing and give a little lift. Hopefully it did for you too.

Waiting with you. Praying for you as you make your decisions. Loving you through it all.xo

Michele said...

I remember that feeling too, seeing our LID on the projections for the first time. I hope that you figure out what is the right thing to do for your family. Big hugs.