Wednesday, January 17, 2007

AquaFit

Yesterday Jenn (Mark's Jenn) and I attended our first Aqua Fit class. What fun it was. I guess I didn't know what to expect as I have never attended such a class before.

Jenn and I got there VERY early as we didn't want to be late. Next week we will go about 20 minutes later!

Well at 7:00 the instructor came over and told us to all get in the water. I don't know why I was expecting the water to be freezing, but I did - It turned out to be o.k.

So we get started and do our class. Jenn and I were beside each other and we were having a nice conversation while we were doing our exercises. Then we got to the ABS section. Each of us got a 'pool noodle' and we were using these to hold us up while we were working our stomachs. There is a lot of kicking required etc for these exercises. Well I guess I was very enthusiastic at this point (go figure at the end of the workout I still had energy) and I was kicking away very engrossed in my abs and I ended up at the other side of the pool. Once I got 'back into reality' I looked over at Jenn and just started laughing as I was SO FAR away. We started out beside each other and by the time we were done the ABS, I was at the other end of the pool and there were 4 or 5 people between us!!

Anyway - after Aqua Fit we headed to the hot tub for a bit. It was very nice. About 1/2 of the class went there too, which was good so the change room wouldn't be too crowded at the same time.

So off we go to the change room after the hot tub. Jenn opens her locker and I TRY to open mine. I can't get it open. I try and try. Then Jenn tries to see if she can get it. We KNOW we have the right combo (NOT a DUDLEY) but is won't budge.

So I tell Jenn to get dressed as we are both standing there in our wet suit shivering. I go to search for someone to CUT OFF the lock. I find someone and we manage to get the lock off. Then she asks me for ID. I don't have any as Jenn picked me up and I didn't bring my purse. I told her this - she says 'That's o.k. - I am just supposed to ask for it.'...HUH - so I can go and ask her to cut off any lock. She didn't even ask me what was in the locker or anything before we opened it. C'est la vie...

SOOO I get home and I tell Mark that I had his lock cut off and he is going to have to figure something else out for when he goes to the gym in the morning. He says - "what do you mean they cut off the lock." I say - "It would NOT open. Jenn and I spent 15 minutes trying to get it open and it wouldn't open and we didn't know what else to do." He says - "oh yea, that sometimes happens. The combo just changes itself." I say - "WHAT!?!?!" He says - I" didn't think to tell you about it..."

19 comments:

4D said...

Hahahaha!! That is so funny!

You are a riot! Thanks for the chuckle.

Mark...forgetting things like this results in your wife coming home in her bathing suit. Fun stuff but not in January!

Keep smilin!

D & S said...

That's hilarious! Just like a guy to forget such an insignificant detail.

Special K said...

Ok... am I missing something? If it changes itself then how does he know what it is?

M and M said...

Krista - Apparently the combo can change by one digit (there were only 3 on the lock) and Mark just tries the number before and after until he gets it right...Personally I would get a different lock, but he liked it...we went and bought a new one today!

C's Mom said...

Gee thanks, Mark ;0)

Glad you answered Krista's question...that had me confused too!

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

BOYS!!! Glad you had a good time at Aqua Fit. I abhor water and it's a struggle for me every time I Kayak.

Lisa said...

That is too funny!! It's amazing what guys don't "think" to tell us ladies. Krista I was thinking the same thing. How would he know what the new number was. Oh well, I'm glad that you got your clothes back.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Quite amusing, and I'm glad that you were able to answer that question. Apparently it has been a very long day because that didn't even occur to me until someone brought it up.

Tracey

Catherine said...

You're too funny! I can just see ya way across the pool and then the giggles would start!

Looking forward to seeing you Friday night!

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

The aquifit sounds amazing!!! I could use doing some sort of fit class. I guess it will have to be chasing Olivia around!

Deb

Anonymous said...

Oh, man. Also glad you answered Krista's question because that was mine too! Usually at our club (it seems to happen a lot to someone around me) they do ask you to identify ahead of time what's in there.

Aquafit sounds great! You know I'm a big fan of water exercise!

Laurie said...

Sounds like trying to open the locker was a workout in itself! Too funny!

dawn said...

Yep, that sounds like an insignificant guy detail to me! At least you weren't standing there totally nudey trying to get in your locker!
Thanks for the giggle.

The Carmodys said...

LOL!! That is so funny. Glad you got your stuff back - would have been cold going to the car in your wet bathing suit!

k

Jill and Jaap said...

MEN!!!

I would love to do aqua fit...the closest pool though is a half hour...maybe worth it!

Julie said...

OMG! My husband is EXACTLY the same!!

Glad you enjoyed the class at least!!

Tracey and Mike said...

That is too funny! I'm sure my dh would do exactly the same thing!

Dannye said...

Okay I'm confused, if the combo changes itself "sometimes" how does Mark get the lock off the locker without getting it cut off, is a magician or a good lock pick??? hehe

Middle-Aged Moi said...

THat is pretty funny. My husband would definitely forget to tell me that little thing too. Aquafit sounds like so much fun! I've taken a couple of classes and loved them!