Thursday, October 26, 2006

It IS going to happen...

Sometimes in this journey, you are convinced that it is NEVER going to happen...you are never going to get your baby...well that is where I am right now. It has been almost 11 months since we started on this and we are not even DTC (Dossier to China)!!!! China doesn’t even know that we exist yet – how discouraging. When we first started in January 2006, we were told if we started RIGHT now, that we would have "pumpkin" in 1 ½ years...

I do know that most people have been going through this MUCH longer then I have and that I am going to have to develop MORE patience, but I guess I am prepared for the wait once the file is there (or so I say now), but I was not prepared for the wait in order to get the file there.

I guess the frustrating part (one of them) about adopting is that no one else is going to take the same time/care/energy/effort etc. in our 'case' then we would. To everyone else involved in the whole process (SW, CB, CCAA etc) it is a job, to us it is our LIFE! I know that most of you know this already.

We were hoping to be DTC this week, but that doesn’t look like it is going to happen either – but I digress...

Today was about seeing that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and that it WILL happen.

There was a posting on the Children's Bridge chatline that said there were 5 families coming in from China today with their babies. Mark and I both left work early and decided that we NEEDED to go to the airport to re-assure ourselves that there WAS light at the end of the tunnel. We saw all 5 babies and they were priceless!!

We were introduced to Ava-Rose (now I have to try and find if they have a blog or not) and she was ADORABLE - we didn't get her parents names, but I guess that is what happens when you become parents, your child always comes first!!

It was a FANTASTIC experience. The parents looked SO happy to be home and show off the newest editions to their families - it was touching and tearing...

In short (or long - as this is becoming), I would recommend this to anyone who lives near an airport and would have the opportunity to do this - it can give you a boost - just when you need it!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great post guys! And an awesome idea to go and see all of the new families!!!

D & S said...

I know what you mean about the waiting. I started this week thinking "This is it" but it doesn't look like it.

It was great of you to go to the airport. I never would of thought of that even though it's not that far from us. Maybe, one day when we're feeling really down we'll do that too.

Michelle said...

It took us a whole year to become DTC. I feel your pain. What an awesome idea! I would love to go greet people who are returning with their babies. It would be such a pick-me-up!

The Carmodys said...

Hang in there Michelle. It's normal to feel down and frustrated once in a while. You'll also have many "up" times in this process. The "rollercoaster" is the perfect description of this journey. I'm glad you went to the airport and that it was a good booster for you.

k

4D said...

It is tough! Step by step you will get there. Hang in there!

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

Hi! Thanks for visitng me. I'll be sure to be keeping up with you as well.

Add one more to your support circle to get us all through to our kiddos.

Jill and Jaap said...

We were just DTC this month, but I can totally relate! We started the discussions last year and got the ball rolling in January. Can't believe it!

wzgirl said...

WOW!!! I would LOVE to do that. Our agency doesn't tell us about that stuff. Hmm! I'll bet that we would loads of opportunities (being close to SFrancisco) to see such airport things. Very cool, girl. Glad that you were able to have such an experience. XO

Anthony & Crystal said...

Don't get discouraged, you will be there before you know it!
Even though I do understand how frustrating it can all be
(we are hoping to DTC this week).

What a great idea to go to the airport! That would bring a smile to even the dullest of days!