Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Kids...

Friday night we had the opportunity to have Logan and Saige overnight. What a great day for it too. The weather was fantastic! We went to McDonalds for dinner and then to playland. We didn't stay too long because it was so beautiful outside we wanted to take advantage of it.

Poor little Saige was walking up the steps to a little cubby hole thing in McDonalds and didn't 'duck' before she stuck her head in. She hit her head hard enough that it flung her backwards down the stairs. Thank goodness I was standing right there and I LUNGED to grab her, threw out my back, but she didn't hit her head! She screamed for a couple of minutes and then wanted to get back to playing! I must say, she healed quicker then I did.

As I said, we were off to the park pretty quickly after that! We had so much fun! The kids never stopped running around - which was the point!

Here are some photos of our time at the park and also my first experiment with the videos. I have tried two different venues for posting them. Please let me know which one you like better for future clips.


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos



















After our time at the park and the walk home, the kids were exhausted and DIRTY - but I am pretty sure the slide are clean as all the dirt was now on their butts! Then it was time for a bubble bath. Again they had a good time in the tub. Time for pj's and a story and out they went.

It was interesting because we had Logan and Saige sleeping in the same bed - it was a first for both of them. Saige is too big (and doesn't want to) to sleep in the portable play pen and I didn't want to leave either one of them unattended in the computer room that also houses our files, tv, my make up etc. We were prepared to be up for a quite a while while they played and talked and laughed, but they were so tired, they were out in less then 5 minutes.

In the morning it was time for pancakes and a short walk before mom came and picked them up.

They are such a joy and we love spending time with them!

22 comments:

The luckiest mommy in the world said...

Oh I bet your just itching to have a little stroller right there with you. Every day your a step closer.

Keep the smiles going and enjoy your niece and nephew

Deb

wzgirl said...

What adorable kiddos! And, MickyDees? What a treat! Congrats on #5, by the way...my lucky number!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun! They are awfully cute!

D & S said...

They are so cute! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sleepovers with auntie and uncle are the best.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

How fun are you!?! The kids are soooo sweet and you must have had a ball with them. I like both formats of video that you used. :)

Beckyb said...

Looks like so much fun! Just think - soon you'll have a little one to play with them!!

Calico Sky said...

What great experience for when pumpkin comes home, sounds like you and ready for parenthood!!!

crazylady said...

Practice makes perfect. They sound fun. If you watch them a couple more times,the favor might be returned later when you need it for yourself!
What a perfect day to hang out. Finally the short sleeves can come out!
I didn't notice any difference in the video. Whatever is easier for you. I use youtube.
Sen.

4D said...

What sweetie pies!! Sounds like a great time.

Youtube doesn`t work at my office so I prefer Dropshots for viewing as I check blogs from work (SHH!)

Keep smilin!

The Carmodys said...

Great pictures. You two are going to be AWESOME parents to one lucky little one! :)

k

Anonymous said...

Very cute kids. Nice of you to give their mom a break.

Love the slide pictures

Jill and Jaap said...

What a nice park!

They are so cute!

Anne Marie said...

Gosh, Michelle, I don't know what it was about your post, but I have tears in my eyes. You just never know what's going to get you right in the heart. Those kids are so darn cute, and it sure was a beautiful day! Also, it's nice to hear your voice!

I like the You Tube a little better since the picture is bigger, but quality-wise and ease of use-wise they are equal!

C's Mom said...

How adorable are they?!?!

Sounds like a great time.

redmaryjanes said...

It still looks like you had a great time despite the head bump!

Polar Bear said...

What fun! Great pictures, too.

Sara said...

Looks like fun! Congrats on 5 months down...I'm right behind ya! ;-)

dawn said...

I hope your baack is feeling better.

The kiddies are lovely and it looks as if they had a wonderfu.l time with you

Tao's Mommy said...

I love having my nephew for a sleep over!!! Looks like you all had fun!! CONGRATS on 5 months!!!

kitchu said...

Sounds like it was lots of fun... and kids STAY dirty it seems, no matter what! (Just came back from Texas spending the weekend with my nephews!). These 2 are super cute!

Liz and Ava said...

They are adorable!...looks like you all had a great time...good practice for when you're little one arrives.

THE DAVENPORT FAMILY said...

hey there, sounds like you had a great time.