Saturday, October 28, 2006

Busy Weekend

Well Mark and I have been busy - as usual...well sort of busy. Not really as busy as we usually are - sort of...

Anyway - Friday was a BAD day!!!! I found out from our agency's weekly newsletter that yet ANOTHER group of files had been sent to China and ours was NOT in it. I am crossing EVERYTHING in hopes that it will go next week. The wait is KILLING me!

So needless to say I was a wreck yesterday. In this journey, one week or one day can make such a HUGE difference, even when we are talking about a 15 month wait.

I am thinking that Dolores might be feeling the same way as we are 2 days apart in our waiting and we are thinking we are going to be in the same group.

Friday night was a write off.

But what better way to make things better then spending time with fantastic friends. Mark and I are VERY LUCKY to have such a large group of very supportive friends.

Tonight we were in Port Hope and had a great night with great friends.



We were celebrating Linda and Beth's birthdays - they are the two in the front centre. In every picture that we took, the other Linda (front right) had her eyes closed - sorry Linda!!

I really must say that the funniest part of the evening was looking at Beth & Joan's Costco cards. I wish I had a copy to share with you. All of us were laughing SO MUCH. I am sure that anyone else out there who has a membership thinks that they have a hideous picture, but let me tell you - you put the two of these together and anyone else would be hard pressed to say theirs were worse - I am still laughing about it now when I think about it...

But anyway - tomorrow we are again busy. We are going to Di & Dom's for dinner. Again I say how lucky we are!! I will try and remember my camera so I can post a picture.

Since I have been blogging, I have been carrying my camera everywhere - it is great! I never used to bother with it, but I am so glad that I am getting into the swing of it. Posts are so much better when there are pictures!!

Tonight we get to change the clocks - I am looking forward to the extra hour sleep in. I am HOPING that it makes it easier to get up on Monday morning...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although your Friday was not so good, it looks and sounds like you had a great weekend. I am sure having a great group of friends makes this wait a bit easier. And remember, it will happen for you!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog, it's always nice to hear from a fellow CB'er.

Sorry to hear that your documentation didn't go out this past week, hopefully you'll hear better news next week.

It sounds like you had a great weekend otherwise.

C's Mom said...

Heehee. My Costco pic was so bad I haven't renewed my membership out of fear. Really, really bad!

Hope they get your stuff on the way and FAST :0)

4D said...

It is tough but I got my fingers crossed for you! Looks like fun times. I am huge shutterbug to start with so blogging has increased it tenfold!

Keep smilin!

The Carmodys said...

Sorry you had a tough Friday. Glad to see you have great friends to help you through the long journey.

k

Jill and Jaap said...

Sorry your day was bad...but your evening looked good! Hope you get there soon!

Jill