Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Girlfriends are Great!




This is Lorri. Well I had dinner tonight with Lorri. Lorri and I have been friends for almost 20 years - HOLY CRAP!!! 20 years!!! We met in first year university and were roommates from second year on.

We try to get together every month for dinner - or at least every other month. The older you get, the busier you get, the further you live apart from each other, the harder it is to find the time that both of you are free. Today was the day and we only had to rebook once I think!!! Currently Lorri and I live about 75km apart, so we try and meet somewhere in the middle(ish). Today we met at Jack Astor's (not one of my favourite places) but tonight it was actaully pretty good.

Lorri and I have been through a LOT together and sometimes I am surprised that our friendship weathered all that and we are still friends - but I guess that is what friends are - through the good times and the bad times.

We had a great night and I told Lorri that I was going to make her "famous" by putting her on my blog - LOL!!

3 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Gotta love those friends that go waaaaaay back! Sounds like you had fun.

k

D & S said...

It's nice to have friends like that isn't it? It's great that you are both able to get together despite the distance.

Glad you had a good time.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Friends are lifesavers! In light of this past week, I am more grateful than ever for my best friend.