Sunday, October 22, 2006

Wal-Mart needs a new name...

Yes, it is true - Wal-Mart needs a new name.

Here is what I have come up with - "THE HUNDRED DOLLAR STORE!!"

On Saturday Mark and I were popping by Wal-Mart to buy a bottle of shampoo. JUST a bottle of shampoo.

A $114 later - we walked out of the store.

I don't think it is possible to go in there and spend less then $100. I don't know that I have ever been able to.

You think to yourself, I am not going to spend this time and then you think, I am just going to walk over here and look at this or that. It happens slowly - you see somthing that catches your eye and it is only $6.94. While you are looking at the $6.94 "deal", something else catches your eye and it is at the bargain price of $15.87. Then of course, something else catches your eye - and well - you get the picture!!!

So needless to say, $114 later, we walk out of the store. I must say, that is one EXPENSIVE bottle of shampoo!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call it "Wally World" which was taken from the movie Vacation (Chevy Chase).

D & S said...

We usually encounter the same thing at Costco. You go in because you need one thing and then you see a bunch of other stuff and wham, there's at least $100 bucks on the credit card you didn't know you were going to spend. Wal-mart is next on the culprit list. So I know exactly what you mean.

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yep, I have the same problem. Same as Costco....:-)

4D said...

Walmart is a great store but my wallet cries whenever I go in.

Keep smilin!

P.S. My best friend is Michelle who is also married to a Mark!

Jill and Jaap said...

Same thing happens to me at Costco and Ikea!

Anonymous said...

I think for me it is the $200 dollar store. As well, the $1 store never seems to only cost me a $1. I think I need shopping therapy!!!!

wzgirl said...

Funny how so many of us have this same experience. They really should change the name! Thanks for dropping by my blog - now I found yours!! XO

PaulaBrett said...

They are opening a new Walmart Superstore not far from me, I hate to see what I will spend there. Costco is the killer, always find stuff I just have to buy.