Sunday, March 11, 2007

Daylight Savings Time

Well today is the first day of daylight savings time. I am still unsure about the earlier change. I was really starting to get used to the sun coming up BEFORE I got to work...now I am going to have to wait a few more weeks for that to happen again. Mind you, I really do like the hour at the end of the day too! What I really need it for all year to have the hours of daylight that we have on June 21st!!

Funny thing about daylight savings is that you have to remember to change the clocks. Last night Mark and I were going to change the clocks, but it was only 9:00 and we were going to be up for some time yet, so we said we would do it before we went to bed...well we didn't think about it again...

The day seems to go REALLY quick when you get up and you are doing your thing and then all of a sudden it is an hour later then you thought it was! Oh well...

However, at this moment yesterday, it was only 9:20 and today at the same time is 10:20 and I am not ready to go to bed yet...I will be sorry about that in the morning when it is still dark...

15 comments:

wzgirl said...

It is sure to be a tough week starting out - but this is a very nice reminder that Spring is on her way.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

I guess I am so positive about it because I do not have to go to work this week. Perhaps if I had to wake up in the darkness this week, my attitude would change. Hope you can adjust to the time quickly, my friend.

Polar Bear said...

This morning I was getting ready for work and looked at a clock, I was amazed that I had so much time. Then I realized that we had fogotten to change a few. Got to love the time change! :)

4D said...

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night and I paid for it this morning.

More daylight though is great!

Keep smilin!

Catherine said...

It's amazing how 1 little hour can mess with our internal clocks but man is it worth it! It was so nice to have a little daylight at 8:00 last night. Yeah...bring on spring and summer!

Now....getting up this morning was a different story! Are we too old/young to nap? :o)

Colleen said...

Ahh... I just love that it gets darker later. I start to feel alive when its lighter longer.

Anne Marie said...

My thoughts exactly. Very hard to go to sleep on time last night, and very hard to get up this morning! We've been having 50 degree F weather though, so spring does feel as though it's on it's way.

Thank you so much for your encouraging comments on my blog!!! It means a lot to me...hopefully I'll have some sort of update soon.

Anonymous said...

I like to have the extra light, but I don't like getting up earlier! OTOH, you could be my friend, you set her clock one hour ahead, and then her husband came and set it too, not knowing she did, and they woke up at 5:00 for church! AAARRRGG!!! LOL!

Janet T.

redmaryjanes said...

We are still a little off-kilter too over the time change, but we'll be happy for it when the warm months roll around

D & S said...

I don't like waking up in the dark again either. Hopefully it will start to lighten up again soon.

Tracey and Mike said...

I'm enjoying the change in time - it means the papaya is sleeping an hour longer in the morning (7:45 is a lot more appealing than 6:45!)

C's Mom said...

I LOVE the change - I get to leave the office in the daylight and feel like I actually have a life outside of work ;0)

Liz and Ava said...

There sure is alot to be said about the amount of light one gets and the boost in their mood! Where I work in the hospital, there are no windows to the exterior so the added bit of daylight in the evening is sometimes all the daylight I get to see the whole day!

t~ said...

I'm sitting here waiting for the sun to peek up so I can go for my morning run, it's just so dark, I hate to go out in the dark with a baby.

Jill and Jaap said...

Hope you were able to adjust...the transition around here was pretty smooth...