Thursday, March 01, 2007

Home Safe and Sound!


My commute to work is about 13km (8 miles). It generally takes me about 15 minutes TOPS to get home from work - I know I am pretty lucky with that!

Today I decided to leave early with all the snow that we were going to be getting...

I think everyone else had the same idea. It took me 1 1/2 hours to get home - it's only 13km!!!

The snow started about 1:30 and I left at 3:00 - These pictures are the 18" drift at our front door! Mark shoveled a path for me when I got home and you can't even see it anymore!

I just want to cuddle up with Mark and a blanket on the couch and eat popcorn for dinner!

Mark's friend is coming into town tonight and we were supposed to pick him up at the airport. His flight is already late and he hasn't even boarded the plane yet! We caught him before he left and asked him to call us when he landed and we would see what the weather was like then and HOPEFULLY we would already be at the airport, otherwise we asked him to take a cab. Even though we are close to the airport, with the current situation, it would take over 2 hours to get there to turn around and come back again.

Lucky us - we are expecting the snow to change to freezing rain in the next hour or two and it is supposed to last for 3 - 6 hours!! Oh Joy Oh Bliss!!

16 comments:

Calico Sky said...

Oh my, how I miss those Canadian winters ;-)

Stay Safe!!!!!

dawn said...

Sounds like a fun evening...NOT.

Stay inside safe and warm or wrap up and go out and play. (sorry I love the snow so much!)

Anne Marie said...

Dolores' response cracked me up.

Be Careful!! Freezing rain on top of snow does not sound like a good combo.

Polar Bear said...

Yikes! Sounds like you will have a three day weekend!

Be safe.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Glad to know that you made it safely home. I think it is supposed to change to rain at some point tonight...even yuckier.

Tracey and Mike said...

Glad you're home safe & sound. Good idea to stay there! (and always a good idea to eat popcorn!)
The freezing rain started here about 2:00 this afternoon but we didn't get all that snow first. Hope you don't have to venture out tomorrow!

4D said...

And thanks for sending it my way!

And yes, winter does suck!

Keep smilin!

Jill and Jaap said...

Yes, that was quite the storm. Lucky me, I did not have to go out in it.
They are saying people should stay home today!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Wow. Let's plan a trip to Hawaii! I want to go somewhere WARMMMMMM! Think beach. With warm sand. Think waves, lapping....think cold drink in hand....sigh.

Keep warm!

The Carmodys said...

Unbelievable. Looks like you had it worse than we did here in Dundas. As my daughter Victoria says, "go away Mr. Winter - we want to go to the park!"

k

redmaryjanes said...

Here in Michigan we are getting hit really hard too. Hang in there. It can't last forever...can it?

C's Mom said...

SPRING, SPRING, SPRING, please ;0)

kitchu said...

Ugh. What else can I say? I don't think I envy you the dead of winter... come on spring!

Anthony & Crystal said...

Not to complain, but I sure do hate winter!!I decided to work from home on the snow day.....but even looking out the window was depressing.
Thankfully, March is here and that means spring is somewhat around the corner.

Colleen said...

I HATE winter. I am so glad that you got home safe...(I know I am late in posting this) Thats alot of snow!

M and M said...

testing