Sunday, March 04, 2007

Two Parter Post

This is a two parter post...

Part one – THE DREAM


Now I know that everyone has had some weird dreams that relate to the wait for their child. Mine is not so much about the wait as it is about the people.

Last nights dream was about Kathy & Joel and Doris.

Wow – it is really hard to put a dream into words...

In my dream there was a bunch of people in the backyard of the house that I grew up in. The only person I can pick out of the crowd is Doris. There is (and was) a pool in the yard. All of a sudden an air raid siren went off and everyone circle around the pool. The plane came and dropped a bunch of babies in the pool and everyone jumped in to pick a baby!! I know it is WEIRD... There are not enough babies for the number of people there. Doris gets a baby and I do not:( But Doris looks at her baby and decides that her baby is the spitting image of Mark and tells me that I should have this baby and she will wait for the next ‘dropping from the sky’!! Can you believe it? I know it is only a dream, but still...

Does ‘Thanks’ even cover something like that? Thanks Doris!!!

After that we were at my (current) house and there was no baby and no Doris, but Kathy & Joel were there with ‘John’ (I don’t know who this person was). They were in my computer room and it was messy and I kept thinking that I wish I had cleaned it up before they came so they wouldn’t see it like this. We decided we were hungry and I was going to go and make them breakfast but my right eye was stuck shut and I couldn’t get it opened. They then decided that they were going to leave in their ORANGE MINI!!! Kathy was driving and she waved as she drove away...

It was just ODD...


Part two – THE GUEST

On Thursday we ventured out in the snow storm to pick up John (NOT the John from the post above). John is Mark’s friend from Halifax. The guys did a list of errands for me on Friday during the day and went to the movies. We had some mutual friends over for dinner on Friday night.


On Saturday I was sitting upstairs and I could hear them LAUGHING!! I went downstairs and they were watching a movie. There were tears coming out of their eyes – it was fun to watch them having so much fun!!

In the afternoon they went downtown and tooled around there and then they even went to the Leafs game last night with GOLD SEATS!!

This afternoon we are popping my Mark’s parents so they can say hi to John and then John is heading home this evening and he will be missed!

18 comments:

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Yowza!! What a dream! I can envision Doris being THAT sweet, so it makes sense that she would do something like that.
As for Joel and me, my brother's name is John and he is my computer advisor. He loves all things Mac and can take one apart and put it back together without even blinking. Oh, and Joel and I have talked about getting a Mini when our Volkswagen dies!
Insert Twlight Zone music here...

Polar Bear said...

That is a WILD dream about the pool and sirens. Then to read Kath's comment ~ That makes the second dream WILD too.

Dreams are amazing.

Sounds like you are having a GREAT weekend.

Special K said...

I dreamt last night that McDreamy was MY boyfriend! I was very sad to wake up and end that one.

Dreams are definitely strange but supposedly they all have some subconcious explanation. Don't ask me what it is though!

BTW what movie were they laughing so much about?

Headmeister said...

WOW - what a dream that was, huh? And then to read Kathy's comment, just like Stacy said - WILD!

But if I had to choose a dream, I'm going with Krista's ;)

D & S said...

I concur with everyone, what a dream! Maybe you have ESP and didn't know it?

I'm glad Mark had a good time with his friend. I'm even happier that he made it in safely.

Anne Marie said...

Amazing! I had a dream the other night about blog people too, but now I can't remember it. I do know that it wasn't NEARLY as dramatic as yours.

M and M said...

Krista - they were watching BORAT...I am not thinking that is a movie that I would enjoy!

Jill and Jaap said...

My first thought was...John from the dream...lol

Very neato dreams there!

C's Mom said...

That is bizarre....please call if you have any advance warning on the next 'baby drop'.

Only thing I can offer is that Mark's friend looks very much like someone I dated for a long time. I also dated a 'John' for quite a while but not the one who looks like Mark's friend ;0)

Lisa said...

That was one crazy dream alright! Here's to having a lot of pool parties this summer.

Glad you guys had a good visit with John.

Lisa

redmaryjanes said...

Girlfriend,
You had a funky dream there!
I want you to know that I'm having a slumber party tonight on my blog for the Ultimate Blog Party and I included you.
You may get a visitor or two!

The Carmodys said...

Oh that dream is so funny. If only it were that easy eh? What a nice friend Doris is . . . I'm not surprised that she'd do that for you!

Glad Mark had such a good time with John. Out of curiousity, what movie were they watching that caused them to cry from laughter?

k

4D said...

OMG! I am DYING of laughter! Like snorting laughing so hard!

That is an odd dream and I am glad that I came off okay in your dream and not some evil person!

Did you have spicy food before going to bed???

K&J coincidence is too weird though!

You are the funniest!!!

Keep smilin!

4D said...

P.S. That is so great that Mark had a nice visit with his friend. Special times for sure.

Calico Sky said...

adoption dreams are strange...I always find that they reveal a fear(i.e.not enough babies) and sometimes a hope....

Those sure sound like GOOD tickets!
Glad you had a good weekend!!!

(made great by the fact I emailed ya back right? ;0 )

Middle-Aged Moi said...

That is HILARIOUS! Doris is awfully generous, isn't she? :-) Too cute.

I'm glad you had so much fun with John!

ANother busy weekend for you guys...

Anonymous said...

i cannot believe that you had such a weird dream...hmmm..well i also cannot believe that you had gold seats for a leaf game..where did you get them...ryey has yet to go

Liz and Ava said...

I've had quite a few weird adoption dreams too!...it must be the stress, anticipation, worry etc. that keeps our brains on overdrive even when we're asleep.