Thursday, March 15, 2007

Question about Blogger Comments

Tonight my sister Tracey came over. We were talking about the Spring has Sprung post. I asked her if she had read it and she said yes and she said she left a comment.

I said - I didn't get that comment e-mailed to me. We then went to the e-mail to double check and nope there was no comment e-mail there.

We then went to the post itself, and low and behold, there were 4 comments that were on my post that were NOT e-mailed to me.

This concerns me as I don't generally look at my blog the way others do, I usually only see it from behind the scenes and the e-mailed comments.

Now I am concerned that there are many other comments on my blog that I have never read as they were not e-mailed to me.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am thinking I am going to have to do a lot of backtracking to make sure that I have read all the comments that people so wonderfully left for us.

15 comments:

C's Mom said...

I've had long delays...days at times but the comments have come through in email at last.

Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Sometimes, I get comments from a lot of people in one single email and have to scroll all the way through the email to see all the comments. Tonight, for example, when I came home from...er...shopping, there was one email waiting but 7 comments within that email. Strange!

Anne Marie said...

I've never missed one that I know of -- I don't read my blog regularly, but I do check the comments at least a couple times a week.

Do you get your comments through gmail? Sometimes I miss them then because of the way gmail strings emails under the same subject heading together.

It might be kind of fun to find lots of unread comments -- kind of like finding a dollar bill on the street!

Anne Marie said...

let me clarify--- in my first paragraph I meant I don't recall any not being sent to me.

In my second paragraph I meant that sometimes they are there, but I don't see them.

Tracey and Mike said...

I don't get my comments emailed to me. With all the yahoo groups I belong to my inbox would be constantly jammed!

M and M said...

Anne Marie - I have my comments mailed to my Hotmail account.

Tracey - I set up a specific account for my blog and I use it for all my blogging so I have different things going to different accounts.

4D said...

Uhh...I don't get comment emails. Am I supposed to? Hope you fix the problem!

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

I don't really know if that's happened or not. I view my blog from e-mail, but I also go on it throughout the day too.

D & S said...

I haven't had any problems yet, knock on wood. At least none that I know of.

Polar Bear said...

Isn't it funny how e-mails and blogs seem to have a mind of their own. Sort of creepy.

Luckily I haven't had any problems, so far.

Tao's Mommy said...

I too havent been getting the emails latley. Drives me NUTZ!!! Hopefully blogger will figure that glitch out soon!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Weird. I have no clue. Hope it gets sorted out.

Liz and Ava said...

I don't get my comments emailed to me, they are just posted on the blog...I have to check the posts to see the comments...didn't know it could work any other way.

Jill and Jaap said...

When we were talking about this tonight...I didn't understand...I thought you meant from yahoo...

This happened to me when I first switched over to new blogger...and I posted a very similiar post.

Maybe just a transition...double check your settings.

The Carmodys said...

I always check my comments on the blog because I've had that before too where I don't get a comment emailed to me. Double check just in case.

k