Sunday, June 03, 2007

10 Childhood Memories

I was tagged by Kate on this tag developed by the TRAILBLAZER CrazyLady. I have decided to focus only on the good memories that happen to pop into my head - so here goes:

1. I remember playing in Michele C's basement with Sue P. playing for HOURS with LiteBright, Charlies Angels, Teacher, Tag, Barbie camper/ski chalet, Hide & Seek and the list goes on and on...

2. I remember crawling into mom's bed on Sunday morning and just gabbing and gabbling with her. It was ALWAYS more comfortable then my own bed!

3. I remember going to Dad and Hortense's every weekend and on Saturday morning Tracey, Roger and I each got a dollar to walk to the store and buy 'stuff' - chips, chocolate bars, penny candies and comic books (all for a buck). We would be gone forever...we would play Land of the Giants in the field.

4. I remember BIG Christmas dinners with all my aunts, uncles and cousins...There would have been about 25 people and we had a BLAST!

5. I remember spending lots of time with my Granny. She would teach me how to knit with little kid sized needles and I would make tube dresses with yellow yarn for my Barbies. She taught me and my sister Tracey how to play Euchre when we were about 8 so we could play with her. She used to LOVE country music and she would sing and dance in a way that made us laugh. She loved us to BITS!!

6. I remember I had a job and I wanted to be on the cash and my mom would practice for HOURS with me to place orders so I could find buttons on the register and exchanging money so I could learn to give change.

7. I remember playing outside ALL the time and sitting on the curb eating sunflower seeds and having to come in when the streetlights came on.

8. I remember having 'curb sales' that I would bring out my stuff that I didn't want anymore and put it on the curb and other kids would use their allowance to buy my stuff and then I would go to their curb sales and buy their stuff.

9. I remember going to my aunts cottage with my cousins and swimming and laughing and playing and fishing and...

10. I remember my mom ALWAYS being there whenever I needed her!! She still is!

If you haven't done this - it is a WONDERFUL one to write! Go on - try it!!

17 comments:

4D said...

What a great list! You industrious and entrepeneur you!

Keep smilin!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

I remember being outside a lot too, on my roller skates, on the swing, with my friends.
I think I just came in to eat and sleep.

M and M said...

I forgot all about roller skating!! I was a pro at that. I had one pair for the roller rink and my old pair was to use on the road!!

Thank Elisa for reminding me!

momladybird said...

Lovely Memories Michelle!

I think i will have to do this meme too!

Our blog

crazylady said...

A girl after my own heart. Purging clutter at curbside as a wee tot.
I have loved this meme to reminiss about things and see who is as old as me :)

Polar Bear said...

You are right ~ these are fun to do and they are fun to read. Your list is great!

LaLa said...

What a great tag... Hey we still rollerskate...at kids skating parties of course.

Unknown said...

what a fun list!!!!

Calico Sky said...

So glad you got the tag I was getting worried...
do you know what I thought as I read yours? your mom is wonderful and then you said it in the end line...

thanks for sharing your memories!!
Less than three months until I am home!!!!

kitchu said...

That is so funny- a curb sale as a kid, how resourceful were you?!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Tee hee. Love the "curb sales" one. Too cute. I could just imagine it. Oh, and we played Light Brite all the time too!

Anonymous said...

sweet!

Julie said...

Wow, good job!!! I also remember always being outside all the time. I would only come in to eat, sleep and for dry mittens. :o)

D & S said...

Those are great memories.

Anne Marie said...

Now that is a classic childhood! We have many memories in common although not all...

THE DAVENPORT FAMILY said...

wow, michelle, great memories...they brought back similar ones to what i had when i was a kid...i wonder what kids memories will be from the kids of today...

Roy and Lori said...

Thanks for sharing your
wonderful memories!!