Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tagged Again!

I have been tagged by Nicole and Sharonfor the below - 4 thing about 4 things...

4 FACTS ABOUT ME:

1. I used to live in Australia – for about 3 years.

2. I have had a LOT surgery and ‘work’ done on my mouth and teeth.

3. I have been skydiving – it was INCREDIBLE and I have a video to prove it.

4. The sounds of clipping nails sends me over the edge – I can’t stand it! It sends chills down my spine.


4 HABITS I HAVE:

1. I have to rub my feet together to be able to get to sleep. I rub them until the last second before I fall asleep.

2. I guess I could say that I am becoming quickly addicted to the computer and blogging.

3. I am NEVER late for work - ever! In my entire work career, I cannot remember a day that I 'slept in' or 'slept past my alarm'.

4. I never shut the cupboard doors or close drawers after I open them. Drives Mark NUTS!! Apparently my dad did the same thing!

FOUR NEW THINGS I HAVE LEARNED OR EXPERIENCED IN THE PAST FOUR YEARS:

1. Marriage – although not new – it is right. I have been married to Mark for 3 ½ years now and couldn’t imagine a better life.

2. House renovations. It seems just about the time you finish one job, it is time to start the next one. I don’t like living through renovations. Something new that I have experienced and I don’t like it!

3. Loss of control – or a realization that you are not in control of your body. When you want your body to make a baby and it can’t - it is an experience that I don’t wish on any woman.

4. To go with number 1, I have gained a GREAT sister in law (Hi Jenn) cause the first SIL I had was the BIGGEST B&*%H EVER!!!! Glad she is gone. Out with the old and in with the new (and improved). My first set of ‘in-laws’ were so bad that when Mark and I started dating, I said in general conversation, that IF I ever got married again, I was marrying an orphan because I was NOT going to put up and deal with another ‘in-law’ family. Mark’s family quickly won me over and I am lucky to have the ALL in my life.



FOUR THINGS I WANT TO TRY OR DO IN THE NEXT FOUR YEARS:

1. Be the best mom EVER! I really hope that I get the opportunity to be a mom by then! I’ve had a most excellent role model so I think I should be o.k.

2. FINALLY finish our basement. It has been in LIMBO for so long now it really deserves a completion…

3. Think about moving to our ‘dream home’. Right now it is just a dream, but in 4 years I hope that is it either a reality or a ‘closer’ dream.

4. I want to try and not let my stomach sink when I find out yet another friend is pregnant...

From here I tag someone who has not been tagged to do this one. I have not really been blogging too much so I don't know who has or hasn't.

16 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I can relate to the in-law situation big time, but they are my current ones. My husbands dad and his wife are a doll, his mom and her husband are a nightmare. I guess you get what you get.
Good answers!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

You went SKY DIVING? WHat, are you crazy? AAAAHHHHHHH...................

crazylady said...

Jumping out of a perfectly good plane seems strange to me. You must be an adrenaline junkie?
My little cricket leg warmer...
With your job, I wouldn't be late either.
Bad boyz bad boyz,whatcha gonna do...

Lisa and Shane said...

I can relate to the sinking feeling of hearing people are pregnant and the distress of wanting your body to do what should be the most natural thing in the world for any woman... great post... but the rubbing the feet together???

Polar Bear said...

I wish I could say I have never been late for work. That is one of my bad habits.

This is such a fun meme. I enjoy learning about everyone. Great list!

4D said...

I hear ya on the reno! Always something to do.

Next time we are together, ya gotta crack open that skydiving video.

Keep smilin!

"M2" said...

I too am living the nightmare in law thing... have been for 13 years
and it keeps getting worse!

ok... you would drive me INSANE leaving drawers open.
DH does this.

My grandpa got so mad at me for bungee jumping.. so mad, for months it was all I heard. I had to solemnly swear to never jump off anything again.
I always wanted to jump out of a plane.

I have the "never late" thing too

this doesn't go with the leaving drawers open thing.

you are complex

Donna Paonessa said...

Hi Michelle...you said, "I want to try and not let my stomach sink when I find out yet another friend is pregnant..."

I hear ya. I felt the same way. If another person told me they were pregnant I thought I would scream (actually, a few times I did). I stopped going to baby showers. Just couldn't be jovial anymore. THEN, I got my referral. It got a bit better. I could walk through baby sections in a store with my head held high. When I finally held Nicole in my arms, it all disappeared and I could care less if someone told me they were pregnant. I finally had a sense of entitlement because I too was a Mom.

You're not alone. I think all of us who suffer infertility feel the exact same feelings. It's such a painful experience to go through.

Donna

crazylady said...

Donna is shmartt. Listen up.

dawn said...

Sage advice about marrying an orphan! My MIL was great though.
Love the list and thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

You have beautiful teeth and will soon have a beautiful basement. I just know it.

Julie said...

Good tag!!

BTW ... we have baby pictures!!!

D & S said...

Boy can I relate to the in-law situation!

I can't believe you went skydiving. My friend suggested it and I told her she was nuts. It's already hard enough to get me on a plane, nevermind jumping out of one while it's still in the air.

momladybird said...

Loved your answers!
You lived in Australia for 3yrs, fantastic! What state did you live in?
Little Miss Ladybird

Tracey and Mike said...

I am so with you on the renos. Mike has been working on our house since the day I moved in, with no end in sight!

insanemommy said...

I've ridden in way too many planes to consider jumping out of them at such speed. You are a little dare devil!