Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thank you's all around!!

It started out as any other day. The alarm going off, me getting out of bed and getting ready for work. Mark getting ready for work too.

Like some days, Mark leaves water on the bathroom floor after his shower. Many times I walk in the bathroom in my sock feet - getting ready to leave for work and step in this water...

Today was no exception. Today I hadn't put on my socks yet and was in bare feet (can you be IN bare feet???). I walked up to the sink to brush my teeth and was quietly cursing Mark under my breath. AGAIN he left water on the floor and I stepped in it.

I quickly grabbed the shower floor towel (??) and placed in on the water on the floor so that it would be absorbed and didn't think about it again until...I started feeling water dripping on my foot. Hmmm - water dripping on my foot can't be a good thing.

I finished brushing my teeth and opened the cupboard under the sink and there was DEFINITELY more then a drip that came out on me!!

This is what I discovered:




The drain pipe in the bathroom sink had come disconnected! How the heck does that happen?? In the picture on the right, you can see my pen that I put down the drain to confirm it all! Very scientific of me!!

So this has all happened before 6:30am!!

I waited until the appropriate time had passed and I called Phil - He is just amazing!!

I came home from work today and this is what I discovered:



A brand new - WORKING - drain pipe!!!

THANK YOU PHIL!!!!

Also today when I got home from work, there was a package for me. Inside was this and a CD:



HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!! Thank you so much Nicole for the wonderful gift!! We are going to have one rockin' kid!! I LOVE IT!!!

Music on CD to be reported on later!!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

What a great day today is/was!!

26 comments:

C's Mom said...

How DOES that happen? Glad it's fixed :0)

Adorable duds for the wee one.

crazylady said...

Tell Mark to stop peeing in the sink. It corrodes the pipe seals

M and M said...

AHHHH - I didn't know that about peeing in the sink!!

I will pass that along - thanks for the tip - I wouldn't want this to happen again!

Donna Paonessa said...

Wow, can he come and fix some stuff in my house???!!!! *grin*

Donna

D & S said...

Wow! Glad Phil was able to fix it, could've been a disaster. That is one cute onesie!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Good girl! You took a negative thing and you made it so positive! I love your outlook on life!

Julie said...

always something needing fixing!!! Love the onsie!

Cari said...

Glad you didn't get mad at Mark!! Good thing it was fixed so quickly.
How cute is that outfit???
Cari

Unknown said...

So glad things worked out..cute thing

Anne Marie said...

How strange! But so glad it got fixed!

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog! WHEEEEE -- we are so excited!

I'm sorry I have been so out of touch -- hope you got my email thanking you for the quilt square! I absolutely love the square and the wish and am so thrilled to include them in our quilt and wish book! Sorry to leave this here, but am not sure I have the right email address.

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

Good job you weren't feeling sick and threw up in the sink...that would have been nasty to find on your foot!

Wow totally cool onsie..rock on!

4D said...

You have such a great attitude! Loving the positive results of what could have been a crappy day.

Keep smilin!

Jill and Jaap said...

Cute stuff from Nicole!

Were you thinking of "bath mat" hehehe...

Colleen said...

Do you live near Connie? She can help you...LOL!!!

LOVE the little onsie.

Catherine said...

Poor Mark...heehee! (Had to say that!) Getting blamed for something he didn't do. Hey...maybe Zombies broke into the house and pulled apart the drain pipe. Mark's lucky he survivied the whole thing! :o)

Glad Phil was able to come to your rescue! It's great to have 'handy men' available to help out. I call my dad but have learned that Kathy's Joel is helpful too. It's a relief to know there are guys around who are happy to help us out when stuff like this happens.

kitchu said...

Hey. Favor. Can you send Phil over to fix my master bath faucet in the sink? I have little pressure and a humble abode at best, and I'm trying to woo my BBF (a certain special someone) into my lair.

Don't ask. Just see if Phil can stop by.

And in all seriousness, lovin' that onesie.

dawn said...

That's is just odd!

Glad it is all better now.

"M2" said...

some things you are just better off not knowing how.
We have matching outfits!!!! and the CD is fantastic

redmaryjanes said...

I love that onesie! I hate anything that leaks.

insanemommy said...

Man that just stinks!

Polar Bear said...

I wish we had a Phil. :)
How nice that all was fixed by the time you got home.

LOVE that onsie. It is so cute!!

Anonymous said...

Phil saved the day. What would you have done if you needed to wash your hands or something crazy like that?

Cute onsie.

Anonymous said...

I love that onesie! It's a good thing you have a Mr. Fix-it around.

Headmeister said...

Holy crap - how did THAT happen????? I busted out laughing in AMAZEMENT when I saw that pic!!!

ROFL - peeing in the sink!!!!!

Calico Sky said...

Glad it's fixed....I'm in with crazylady on the theory as to why! lol

What a beautiful onesie (sp??)

A Mom- In-W8ing said...

What a cute onsie! Isn't it nice to receive surprise gifts.

As for your sink...that is strange. Glad you could get it fixed so quickly. I think I need a neighborly handy man, just incase someone pees in my sink, lol!

Smiles! :o)
Nikki