Thursday, December 07, 2006

If only...

There are days when I think that “IF ONLY” I won the $10 Million Super 7 draw then EVERYTHING in my life would be great...

Then of course reality sets in...

$10 Million wouldn’t be any help right now for my niece Saige who is still in the hospital.

$10 Million wouldn’t have helped my mother with her broken ankle, surgery and recovery.

$10 Million wouldn’t have gotten me pregnant.

While $10 Million would afford Mark and I the opportunity to quit our jobs and travel, and do whatever else we wanted to do. However, there are so many more things in life that are much more important then money.

Saige is still in the hospital and will probably be there until Saturday or Sunday. Her lungs are just not clearing and she still requires the oxygen. She is getting better each day, but there is still a way to go before she will be back to her old self.

Last night, at the hospital, I brought Saige some McDonald’s french fries. She ate them all!! This and some Cheerios was about all she had eaten to this point. She was also drinking some juice and eating a freezie – all good signs!! Her mom Jenn is at the point that she wants her to eat anything – even if it is not the best for her. She had about 1 ½ hours of being alert and interactive and happy yesterday evening. IT WAS GREAT TO SEE IT. It really just breaks your heart to see her like this.

As for my mom – she is coming along nicely too. My sister has her out and about shopping today – trying to get some things done for Christmas. Yesterday mom got her nails done and feels like a new woman! Mom has the “physio lady” coming in twice a week with exercises and things to be done to try and keep mom’s muscles as active as they can be.

Mom is not in much pain anymore – unless she turns her ankle the wrong way. She is able to get in and out of the bath by herself and that alone will make anyone feel better when they can soak in a tub.

Her healing is coming along nicely and she is generally in good spirits. Next appointment with the doctor is on the 19th and they will x-ray again to make sure all is healing as it should.

As for me and getting pregnant with my $10 Million – well that just isn’t going to happen...

Sometimes we think there is going to be a simple fix for something that is wrong in our lives or something that we would want to change. The ‘grass is always greener' as they say.

Mind you, I have decided if I do win the lottery, I want to have an international ‘bloggy’ conference in say...Hawaii or Mexico for all the people that are in my ‘bloggy’ world!! How great would that be!!

As much at $10 Million would accentuate our lives, it is health and family that money certainly can’t buy and it is what is ultimately most important!!

14 comments:

D & S said...

As nice as it would be, you're right, 10 million can't buy you the things that really and truly matter. Although a vacation in Hawaii would be nice.

Jill and Jaap said...

How about the fiji islands?

It sounds like Saige is getting better...if rotten ronnies works...well...then McDonalds it is!

4D said...

I am happy to hear of the improvements and healing. I have little Siage in my prayers.

Can I put my name down for your Bloggy Meeting? Anywhere you wann go is fine by me...with 10$ Million you can def call the shots!

Keep smilin!

Tracey and Mike said...

Glad to hear Saige is slowly starting to come around. We'll keep her in our thoughts.

M and M said...

Hey Doris - you are DEFINATELY down for the Bloggy Meeting International!!

M and M said...

Jill - Fiji works too!!

M and M said...

Dolores - Hawaii would be GREAT! Actaully anywhere that we can all sit around and gab and have someone bring the drinks sounds good to me!!

C's Mom said...

I am being quite honest when I say that I would never want that kind of money. When in that kind of excess it only will breed more problems than it is worth even if starting out with good intentions.

The bloggy meeting does sound great though - if only!

Anonymous said...

Did you see Oprah yesterday with that documentary where they gave a homelss guy $100,000? It was interesting. He blew through it.

The Carmodys said...

Hey count me in for the bloggy get together. I'm not fussy on where we go . . . well, China anyone???

It is nice to dream once in a while isn't it Michelle - but you're right about more important things in life. Glad to hear Saige is on her way to recovery and your mom is doing so much better. Keep us posted.

k

Anne Marie said...

So glad Saige and your mom are doing better. I know everyone in your family will breathe a big sigh of relief when Saige is finally out of the hospital.

Count me in for the bloggy conference! And if I ever win, I'd be happy to host one too...

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Yep, I completely agree! 10 million just can't buy what's important! I TOTALLY get what you say about Saige just eating anything that matters! When my son was sick, I would have given him candy alllll day, if only he would eat something! I ended up going to the grocery store down the street to buy him goldfish crackers. He LOVED those! I was sooooo happy he was eating, I cried. Well, I hadn't slept for days, was pregnant, and a complete basket case, so what do you expect?! I pray that little Saige will get better! Glad your mom is doing so well too. Our health is such a blessing, isn't it?

Shandra said...

Sorry to ear about your Mom adn niece. Since I am new to you blog do I still get to come to the conf. I am not picky on the location just somewhere warm!!

Norma said...

Count me in for the conference! $10 million isn't that far fetched - a Dr. I used to work with won $14 million last spring - no I didn't see any of it!:) But you're right - there is alot money cannot do and it would be another headache.