Tuesday, December 19, 2006

P3K Games Night

I have been most delinquent in keeping up with things in my blog lately...I will try and do some catching up today...

Monday December 11th was the 5th(?) annual P3K games night. This year Mom and Phil were the hosts. There were nine of us. We have been doing this for about 5 years (I really can’t remember when we started, but that is my guess) - getting together with the Patterson’s. We grew up across the street from the Patterson’s and we have known them forever. When I say forever, I mean it – Sue and I were born in the same hospital only 4 days apart from each other! I would have to say that she is DEFINITELY my oldest friend. I feel compelled to also point out that Sue was born the 4 days BEFORE me!! How she used to hold that over my head as we were growing up - how she was THAT much older then I was!! We also hung out with another Michele and she was older then both Sue and I - however, being the 4 days younger - I was the 'baby' of the group!

Last Monday night there was MUCH gabbing, munching, present exchanging, laughing and card playing. We always enjoy ourselves.

Since Sue lives in California now, we make the arrangements for the gathering when Sue is in town so that she can participate.

Next year, we are thinking of changing it to a spring/summer date (when Sue is home) and that way no one has to worry about the weather or driving in it 'cause as we know in Canada, you never know what to expect with the weather.

In the photo above (zig zaggy) we have: Mom, Sue, Mrs. Patterson, Beth, Mr. Patterson, Tracey, Phil, me and Mark.

2 comments:

essay best said...

Wow! You are very lucky and blessed to have such an old good friend with whom you find time to catch up. Your blog is fun to read.

essay best said...

Good post, good to see that you have such events at home it shows bonding of family. Loved the idea, need to implement the same here